Mechman Alternators

wiring up multiple alts

The honestly best way to do multiple alts is to have the first one set up to plug into the factory harness, and do the rest self exciting. A self exciting regulator will tend to have an output of about 14.9V to 15.1V when cold/ warm. Other nice thing is no plugs to deal with. Battery cables and that is all.

Guys have a great weekend.

Honestly I didnt know this was an option. I just ordered 4 alts through SSA and this is how they came lol.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

The honestly best way to do multiple alts is to have the first one set up to plug into the factory harness, and do the rest self exciting. A self exciting regulator will tend to have an output of about 14.9V to 15.1V when cold/ warm. Other nice thing is no plugs to deal with. Battery cables and that is all.

Guys have a great weekend.

Honestly I didnt know this was an option. I just ordered 4 alts through SSA and this is how they came lol.

what?

What you wrote, makes no sense..

came HOW? what are you talking about? im again... lost.....

You bought 4 alts off SSA, and they came ready for turn on? or all for the OEM plug?

Please tell me more?

How is this confusing? I originally mentioned that I got 4 alts with regular plugs on them (hence why i was asking which wires needed to be hooked up)

Mechman mentioned that usually when they build alts for a multi alt setup they make 1 normal and make the others self exciting.

I mentioned I didnt know that was an option and that I had ordered the alts through the SSA store and that the way i destribed was the way they showed up.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.