PicoWrecker 10" Tapped Horn Build

Thanks for the compliment brent. What saw did you get?

The crosscut sled isn't meant to be a replacement for your fence, its more of a replacement for your miter gauge. Its lets you make very accurate cross cuts, much like a miter saw does, but you can make it in pieces that are much wider, I can put 30" wide pieces in my sled. The sled is as wide as the table so you have lots of support for cutting very large pieces or very small pieces, both of which a miter gauge struggles with. Its a very useful tool and I think everyone with a table saw would benefit from having one.

Here is a link to William Ng's video on how to build he style of crosscut sled. The only thing I did differently for mine is I used UHMW for the slot runners instead of wood.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I got the ridged r4513. its a smaller contractor saw, but for a contractors saw im very impressed with how it cuts and the accuracy of it. ive always wanted a bigger professional saw, but don't have the money for it. I put a 60 tooth blade on it and have made inserts for where the table extends on the right, and the gap between the table and handle on the left. makes cutting a lot nicer. and honestly, ive been so impressed with it eventually I want to build like a cabinet for it to sit in and put professional fence on it like the vega pro 50 or delta t2. it will be a fun project in the future.

and I never thought about that actually..... makes a lot of sense. would have benefited me perfect last night when I had to rip a 49 inch piece of mdf down to 36. thanks man. im going to look into this!

Looks like a pretty decent little saw. I've seen some guys make some really awesome saw stations for that style of saw. Something like this:

222842-438x.jpg

They don't have to be anything fancy either:

FG2B7AUGYVDJOMT.LARGE.jpg

UHMW is Ultra High Molecular Weight plastic, also known as cheap Walmart cutting board. Actually the cutting board might be HDPE (high density polyethylene), but that's what I used. Its handy stuff, is cheap and easy to get.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

The first pic is basically exactly what I want to do. even had the router table on the side I want it on. Still not sure how I want my base yet. But looks like he even put like a cat iron top on his....that's really nice. wonder how hard that was.

But ya bottom line, for a contractors saw it's very decent. I'm very happy with it.

Where did you get that plastic from? I know what your talking about now, I have those cheap cutting boards your talking about lol.

I got some time work on the PicoWrecker again.

I trimmed and rounded over all the edges and begin filling in spots with wood filler:

scA1JBL.jpg

Now its beginning to look presentable.

Next up is lots of sanding, more filler, and then it will probably be ready for primer and finally Duratex.

Builds:

Please do a video of it doing some home wrecking when its done lol :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived