DC Sound Lab

Dc audio level 3 10 huge hole in surround

I think som1 tried to rip your sub out by jamming the fingers through the surround.... did you not notice your sub sounded like arse?

It almost looks like it....did someone break into your car?
No one broke into my car just one day I noticed the sub looked somewhat weaker in that area and over time it caused that to happen it didn't all happen in one go

It almost looks like the layers delaminated.

Could be a failed adhesive or just a defective surround.

Should have contacted DC before it got to that point.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

its probaly screwed but you could try shoe goo worked for me for a while on my mtx 9500 15in

make sure you do both sides and i would do multiple layers? do you have any idea why this happened?

I honestly have no idea why.. I have 2 and the other is completely fine, hits fine, doesn't sound scratchy when pushed in, and seems to be perfect. They are both running at 1 ohm on a crescendo 2k so they are seeing about 100 watts each over rated but I really figured they could take that...

the surrounds are not rated..

the coil is...

You RIPPING a reinforced surrounds.. means, you put your fist through it.... not mechanical limit, or power........ you put your hand through it,...with a drill when you where mounting them.

IMHO

Nope.

I could see the surround separating from the cone, but not the torn reinforcement. Especially such a clean, straight tear.

No way we can say what happened exactly, but I call user fuck up.

Rusty will probably handle it, but I wouldn't.

see all the damage around 8 oclock ? RIGHT AT A FASTENER hole ?????..where the drill went through?.. its all pushed in.... then he pulled the webbing out, and strung it over the cone, and went "WTF?"

hes digging...... imho

Edited by Kyblack76
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1