DC Sound Lab

Dc audio level 3 10 huge hole in surround

I think som1 tried to rip your sub out by jamming the fingers through the surround.... did you not notice your sub sounded like arse?

It almost looks like it....did someone break into your car?
No one broke into my car just one day I noticed the sub looked somewhat weaker in that area and over time it caused that to happen it didn't all happen in one go

yeaaaaaahhh...

• 1 month later...

I think som1 tried to rip your sub out by jamming the fingers through the surround.... did you not notice your sub sounded like arse?

It almost looks like it....did someone break into your car?
No one broke into my car just one day I noticed the sub looked somewhat weaker in that area and over time it caused that to happen it didn't all happen in one go

yeaaaaaahhh...

It definitely happened on its own. I was not digging for a recone. I actually went online and purchased a recone kit from droppin hz. It was not punctured with a drill. Car was not broken into. Was not punched through. Literally opened the trunk to see that. Swear on god, my life, whatever. I was just posting a picture trying to get opinions on what it could have been.

It pisses me off that you jump straight to user error. I had the sub for a few days before that happened. It is still hitting, and has slowly gotten worse over time. I haven't had any luck with subwoofers in my experience. Check my old topics. I also received an apparently 1 and only defective crescendo amp.

Edited by disprovable

Did you by chance spray any kind of cleaner on it?

The surround looks dry and brittle.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

thats very interesting i have never seen that happen to one of our subs, that surround is highly reinforced and somehow that was torn through as well. is there anything floating around in your trunk or an angry ex girlfriend maybe lol

There's pieces of the surround all over the trunk but other than that its just my subs and the box and amp in my trunk.