DC Sound Lab

Dc audio level 3 10 huge hole in surround

Did you see this post? just wondering

hmmm thats very strange to see, could you give me your box specs please? also would you mind removing the gasket and taking a pic of the sub

No i did not. Here is a link to all the possible specs of the box. http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Dylan_Sawatzky/slideshow/Box%20Specs

Edited by disprovable

im not trying to figure out your box specs you don't know how big and what it is tuned to?

but what power you running? to me it looks like they have been over excursion or whatever its called and weakened the surround right there .My opinion so take it how you want. (just basing this off of videos i have seen of subs doing it and how the surrounds look like they go 90 degrees at the cone and where yours are tearing)

Edited by CstrokerV
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

im not trying to figure out your box specs you don't know how big and what it is tuned to?

but what power you running? to me it looks like they have been over excursion or whatever its called and weakened the surround right there .My opinion so take it how you want. (just basing this off of videos i have seen of subs doing it and how the surrounds look like they go 90 degrees at the cone and where yours are tearing)

It's tuned to 32 hz and after all displacements about 2.4 cubic feet

Only time I've seen it happen was 16k to a lvl5. Shredded the surround and blew the cone out the box...landing on the steering wheel lol

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Over excursion and uneven loading due to port on one side.

Turn up the low pass filter so you dont go below tuning so far or get surrounds that wont run out of travel.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.