looking for some guidance or tips on speaker placement or something

Hey yall.

I have noticed when playing my decaf stuff in my home stereo, when walking down the hallway or in the adjacent bedroom the bass sounds fantastic. In the room it is completely lacking extension or even presence, in the low end. I'm looking for advice maybe even a nice bang for your buck subwoofer build our premade powered sub.

I have a pioneer vsx 515

2 bose 301v (8" woofer 2 tweeters each speaker)

And a very old set of Sanyo tower speakers which use a 12", a 3"?, and a tweet in each cabinet.

Their currently oriented on each side of tv bose stacked on top of towers.

It's in a square 14' by 16' 8' tall bedroom with bedset and some stuff hanging around the walls like pictures. And curtains

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

So whats happening is you getting cancelation from reflections in your room. You might be able to fix this by changing your sub placement within your room. The best thing is to do "the subwoofer crawl".

To do "the crawl" you move your subwoofer to your normal listening position (if you sit on your couch to listen to music, then that's where you put your sub). You then start playing some music that has good, but varied, bass. Now you crawl around the perimeter of your room listening for the spot or spots where the bass sounds the best. Those spot/s are where you then move your sub to.

Give that a try and see if it helps.

As far as an awesome bang for your buck subwoofer build, research MartySub on avsforum.com.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

he doesnt have a sub.

Check that you dont have a speaker wired backwards (phase reversed) causing cancellation. If not then its probably just poor room mechanics.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Ya Steve your right, triticum knows allot though for sure prob just overlooked it.

The room is just to small. I checked phase, and I've unhooked the towers since they suck imo.

I stacked the bose on each other in a corner ports loading off the wall. I've lost left and right but I'm hearing more bass in the room at lower volume.

I'd love a good home sub build though. My truck box build sounds so good imo thanks to joex

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Yeah, my bad, in my mind I was assuming you had subs. With just towers things are more difficult.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

could put the "crap" towers backwards against a wall or corner.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived