Second Skin Audio

Best Ported Box Design for Corvette C6 Convertible (Help Needed)

Hi Guys, I just joined the forum. I kept reading and trying to educate myself last two weeks but there is nothing similar to my case.

I recently bought a Corvette C6 Convertible and I want to install my single RockFord P3D4-12 (already have it) and I want to built a custom ported enclosure.

This is where it gets tricky. The requirement for ported enclosure for my sub is 1.8 cu. ft. which is basically taking almost all the space in the trunk (not a problem for me).

My question is what kind of design should I choose for maximum (being tuned to 32hz) output?

I have three options in my mind,

First; Sub up, port back. In this case, I can full fill 1.8 cu. ft. easily but the problem is sub facing up, there is almost no air room between sub and the trunk. Plus it can rattle a lot (this can be fixed maybe)

Second; Sub and port facing back with an angle or it wont fit (height is 12.5"). Plus side is, I can use the back wall but the distance will be short. Negative side is it will be hard to reach 1.8 cu. ft.

Third and last; Port and Sub facing to the driver with an angle (it has to be with angle or wont fit). This is my least favorite but then again it is a 2 seater car.

I think I might be the only one with this case.

Help is much appreciated, Please help, I am going crazy. Thank you guys.

chevrolet_corvette_convertible_2004_othe

trunk.jpg

Archived