Second Skin Audio

Noob help needed on box design please

Hi there, I'm quite sure that I'm beating a dead horse here, however... I'm looking to build a new enclosure for my SoundQubed Hds30012 2ohm subwoofer, I'm planning on building the enclosure out of 3/4 birch, just because I happen to have a sheet. The sub is powered by a fosgate prime r1200-1d, and a xs power d925 power cell, as well as my factory battery and 160amp alternator, all 0 gauge power and grounds, with all connections and ends soldered not crimped, so far I'm doing it correct, the sub is currently in a 41hz tuned box, and looking to drop the hz levels down to 32hz-34hz, the enclosure will be going into a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, I do not want to take the entire trunk up, so a simple box tuned to 32hz-34hz would be nice, however I am no math genius, but I can build anything from blue prints, Was wondering if anyone would be so kind to give me some pointers, possibly a detailed cut list, any help would be greatly appreciated, please keep negative comments for yourself, thank you, I'll post my build pics up shortly, Much love from Oregon

So here is a suggestion, please check suggested dimensions befor building, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

hds312.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the frequencies or the other stuff you mentioned, this is the link on the sub I have, http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS312_p_227.htmlI'd prefer a box not so long 35inches would barely fit in my trunk, I'd like to keep it around 25inches long, 20inches max height, and 15-17 inches deep

Archived