Black Beauty Project Build - 06 Ford F-250 Super Duty **1/27/18 - New pics starting on page 41**

understandable. too bad it did not have induction charging. no need for a wire then. keep up the work bro. it will all work out. get all the old bondo off before any further damage. progress is nice though. maybe start with duraglass in small amounts before straight bondo? use superglue or ca glue for the area from bondo to the plastic mount portion. that way there is no give or hoping the bondo will stay in tact with the plastic portion

That sucks man, I know those feelings all too well.

I also like booms idea of the duraglass first. Ive been using that as a base lately instead of fiberglass or just bondoing, definitely seems to help.

Yeah, I'll have to pick some up and keep it on hand.

I got this in yesterday to replace the Octava unit that went out. It's a ViewHD HDMI Audio Extractor. Converts HDMI to Optical Toslink and RCA Analog. It's about 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the Octava unit too. So that's nice. Here are some pics.

20160218_073635.jpg

20160218_073644.jpg

20160218_073705.jpg

20160218_073709.jpg

I had a thought, going back to watching the Amplified episodes and what Doug was doing with his tablet install. I was talking about using the thick boards or abs for the tablet insert. I could install all of these pieces, View HD, USB Power Ports, DC to DC Converter, etc on the back of the tablet insert. Then it's all one unit. Just make a quick disconnect for the power stuff, and it'd be all good. Just a thought.

So nothing new except for the ViewHD which I have not had a chance to test out yet.

I still have a picture to upload but when I did my door panels with the stuff I drilled a ton of holes to let it really bite and since actual USC duraglass works 100X better than the 3m short strand filler and is much creamier it seeped through the holes REALLY well and looked like a play doh set oozing out the back lol.

Yeah, I'll have to pick some up and keep it on hand.

I got this in yesterday to replace the Octava unit that went out. It's a ViewHD HDMI Audio Extractor. Converts HDMI to Optical Toslink and RCA Analog. It's about 1/2 or 1/3 the size of the Octava unit too. So that's nice. Here are some pics.

20160218_073635.jpg

20160218_073644.jpg

20160218_073705.jpg

20160218_073709.jpg

I had a thought, going back to watching the Amplified episodes and what Doug was doing with his tablet install. I was talking about using the thick boards or abs for the tablet insert. I could install all of these pieces, View HD, USB Power Ports, DC to DC Converter, etc on the back of the tablet insert. Then it's all one unit. Just make a quick disconnect for the power stuff, and it'd be all good. Just a thought.

So nothing new except for the ViewHD which I have not had a chance to test out yet.

I like the idea, couple molex connectors to make it all one piece quick and easy!

VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY Happy with this weekends progress!!!! I gained those two steps I lost the other day!! I've got a lot of pictures uploading, then I have to make sure they're in order because Photobucket likes to mix crap up and put pics out of order.

May not get to putting them up tonight, but for sure tomorrow if not.

I think it'll be worth the wait though!

Very clean as usual man. Keep it up!

Thanks. It's about to get better. Things switched up on the tablet install. I'll post pics now.

Lol you gained the 2 you lost and I lost 2 myself this weekend.

Totally pulled a you and just walked away

I am a big proponent of just walking away. I can get very frustrated, and it sometimes turns to anger if I keep at it. I also have a don't quit attitude so sometimes it's a very difficult balance between the two. I don't want to give up on something, but if I don't walk away and let my mind clear, it's only going to turn out badly!! I've been known to chuck a hammer across a jobsite or two. I don't do construction anymore, and I'm guessing it's much less tolerable in the office if my keyboard goes flying past the managers cubicle, who sits across the office from me. So I've had to learn to really just relax and walk away sometimes.

Speaking of walking, it's time for my morning walk. As soon as I get back, I'll be posting pictures. I'm really happy with how things turned out yesterday, except for one thing that pissed me off. But there's nothing I can do about it right now.

Be back with pics very soon.

Archived