no sure if im posting in the right section sorry if i aM..

so i bought a 160 amp alt a while and ive had problems wiith it for a while..long story short got it checked out and it will only chsrge up 13.5..so im thinking of going with singer alt 240 amp,its a bigger case than stock.just wondering if anyone has used these..

im also going to get a xs d3400 for under the hood will these 2 (d3400 and singer 240) be enough for my system

System-

sundown audio saz2500dv2

rockford p400.4

I have the big G series from Mechman. I also have a D3400 under the hood all wired properly, if not over kill. Mine charges at around 14.7 when cold. maybe slightly higher. It's adjustable so you can fine tune your charging voltage to adjust for the hotter and colder temps of the seasons. I'm extremely happy with it now that i have it pretty much fined tuned. I have a 05 xB.

I have the big G series from Mechman. I also have a D3400 under the hood all wired properly, if not over kill. Mine charges at around 14.7 when cold. maybe slightly higher. It's adjustable so you can fine tune your charging voltage to adjust for the hotter and colder temps of the seasons. I'm extremely happy with it now that i have it pretty much fined tuned. I have a 05 xB.

the mechman is a little pricier than the singer i got quoted for..Its a little more than what i want to spend.. did you get the 240 amp? Also my xb idles around 800 did your alt have any problems with the idle being low?

also any pics of grounding locations (under the hood and for your amps)

would the d3400 you think be effiecient enough for my system?

160 amp alt? from where, ebay? ebay alts are garbage. i've used two of them. spiking to 16+v to dropping to 12v within a split second when playing a song. they're garbage

yes i know theyre garbage haha..hence why im looking to get the singer alt 240 amp..its a bigger case than stock but it shiuld work..

160 amp alt? from where, ebay? ebay alts are garbage. i've used two of them. spiking to 16+v to dropping to 12v within a split second when playing a song. they're garbage

yes i know theyre garbage haha..hence why im looking to get the singer alt 240 amp..its a bigger case than stock but it shiuld work..

bigger case is better

bigger case is better

do you think just the 240 amp alt and and the d3400 would be enough to power my 2 amps and the car?

sundown saz2500dv2

rockford p400.4

Archived