What's up, guter tag,

My name is Chris. I work at Prussian Motors, where we take BMW vehicles apart and sell the parts (mostly on eBay at the moment). We're located about 20 miles west of Philadelphia, 10 minutes from the King of Prussia Mall.

This thread isn't being created to promote our business or parts, it's simply for smiles and perplexity. I plan to share pictures of the various vehicles we get in before, during, and after they're dismantled. I figured someone might be interested in seeing some of the craziness we see often. If there's interest in this thing, I'll continue to post flicks.

BMWs are almost always killed in the front. Take from that what you will. I'll start with what we have on death row at the moment:

E30 convertible, butchered suspension. There no springs at all on the rear axle of this thing, it's sitting on the bump stops and prying at the bushings. The front axle springs have been cut, and they're not even seated correctly. The oil pan appears to have bottomed out a few times. It does run, has a 5 speed, and moderately nice sports seats, so there is some good about it.

IMG_9003_zpsolazlkor.jpg

IMG_9005_zpsjy60e2md.jpg

Next, another E30. This time, a cut-off coupe. This car also runs, but the entire interior was torn out and sold by the previous owner. This one is a little bit heart breaking. This WAS a nice 325is.

IMG_8995_zpsnnmk2qeo.jpg

IMG_8996_zpsa6rpzi6z.jpg

IMG_8997_zpsfw2sqlto.jpg

Next, E60 5-Series, an 07 525. Smacked in the front pretty nicely. Check out the valve cover:

IMG_8998_zpsyr05mztx.jpg

IMG_8999_zps5ayppjir.jpg

Surprisingly, we do get a nice car visiting us once in a while:

1794714_10102727061798173_17792747308609

Ok, lunch break is over. Back to work!

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

What's the craziest thing you've seen?

I do a decent amount of junkyard diving and I've seen some crazy stuff.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What's the craziest thing you've seen?

I do a decent amount of junkyard diving and I've seen some crazy stuff.

that's a tough one. crazy how? crazy looking, probably the E38 7-series with the chopped roof. most people see regular convertible at first glance, then the 4 doors. crazy crash, probably the X5 that drove through a building.

The E38 was driving around around last summer.

IMG_1360_zps423830c9.jpg

damn, e30's are my favorite cars ever. sell me a running one in semi-good condition :D

They're getting more and more rare. One of us has a 47k mile 87 325is with an S54 in it.

Crazy like I've seen brain matter and blood sprayed all over the inside of a car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Crazy like I've seen brain matter and blood sprayed all over the inside of a car.

i've only ever seen a good amount of blood on an old door panel, the car was way gone. Also maybe a little on an airbag here and there, nothing too crazy.

Archived