So apparently an 05 Chevy Malibu's stock suspension was not designed to handle the weight of a 7.9 Cube box + XS XP3000 + FI SP418 I now have a very low rear end. Any ideas an how I can fix this without going air ride? I have recently replaced the rear shock absorbers as well as some front suspension pieces. Thanks.

You could look into helper bags, if there are any for your car, or have some coils made for the extra weight. Coil spring specialties is the only one I know of but there may be more companies that make them.

http://www.coilsprings.com/default.aspx

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

http://www.amazon.com/LIFT-60818-1000-Air-Spring/dp/B001OMVCIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432082906&sr=8-1&keywords=air+lift+1000 I guess after a little googling I was kind of ignorant when it came to "air" systems Found this air lift 1000 looks like a pretty straight forward install has anyone had experience using an inflatable system like this?

Ah okay It looks like that model is compatible with my rear springs found a youtube as well with someone installing that model for my vehicles generation I think I will give that a shot thanks for the help. I have been a lurker for a long time just never posted but thanks for the welcome!

• 8 months later...

There are companies out there that make springs specifically for towing (cargo coils). They're essentially just beefier springs of the same size. I installed some on my car before starting my build, and it has kept my car level and safe. I still bottom out every once in a while, but its not so bad.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

Archived