Sundown Audio

"width and center" amp tuning

AlwaysUpgradingBASS

I upgraded from a 1000 watt amp to 2600 watt amp and the new amp has two new settings I'm unfamiliar with,Width and center. I went to Google and I found a few answers but it's just guys getting carried away with the their car audio vocabulary and explaining what they know about "width and center" and they just lose their train of thought and never explain how to actually tune the amp setting properly. What I have to go off of is 2 pictures below the dial of what looks like a sine wave. One is taller and skinny, the other is short and wide. I have an idea of what this could mean But my confidence will grow being certain of setting this right and not damaging this subwoofer.

What I have:

1 sundown audio X15 With 4.25 cubic box tuned to 26hz

1 hifonics Brutus 2600.1D

its for the bass boost center is for setting where you want it boosted and the other, width is a confusing one

btw against boost

unless it is on an ls or lt1 engine

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

The center is what frequency you want boosted and the width is how wide or narrow the eq or q factor will be.

Leave it off= problem solved.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived