NEED ADVICE adding 6.5 and 6x9s to a system with a dub 7

Mack187Murder

ok so. put my system together. the hd1200 is powering the dub seven. I have two 6.5" pioneers in front doors nothing in back doors. pioneers are 60 rms............and fucking poop (they are going in the wifes car) my damplifier and liquid damplifier is on the way. ive run all 100% ofc brand new wiring big assed gauge wiring throughout truck and am ready to put in some more speakers.

Infinity kappas seem allright and the rockfords sound like a lot of people like them. but after much research ive decided to go with hertz. especially this product for my front doors.

what do u guys think about these. is there something better that i haven't heard about and is worth checking out?

-6.5" HERTZ mille Legend MLK 1650.3 (brand new for 2015)
(300 watts peak, 150 rms at 4 ohms. 92 db and 40 hz freq response : with crossover and tweeters)

im set on 6.5s in front doors and 6x9s in back

-6x9" HCX690

(260 watts peak, 130 rms @ 4 ohms. 94 db and 32 hz freq with some tweeters in the middle.)

first question. should i go with 2x6.5" and 2x6x9s or just do 4x6.5" statistically the 6.5s seem like they pound more, but 6x9s more surface area which would make them hit pretty hard no?

( I only got the money to go with one pair right now and was gonna go with the legend mlk to start.)

now my ALPINE MRP-F600-4 channel does

-100watts x4 @ 4 ohms or

-150watts x4 @ 2 ohms

so my second question is if i run these 150 rms speakers @ 4 ohms with only 100 watts going to them. will i ruin them by underpower the speakers? and is there a way to bridge them somehow to run at 150x4ohms with my amp?

thanks for any and all input

-mike

perfect thank you.

lastly im not really looking for a lot of bass from a 6.5 or a 6x9. but i do listen to a lot of drum and bass and unfortunately some dubstep.

my sub can hit all the lows easy but theres still some midbass id like to hit as well. my ears and my expectations are a little bit higher than the average listener since music is 50% of my everyday life. sundowns got some 8" and 10" that can fit into a door apparently.

i have a 600 watt monoblock alpine kicking around. i guess if i really wanted some mid bass i could take that route no?

Put a high quality amp on those hertz and you'll never regret doing so, the sound from a quality amp on quality speakers make a huge difference and do not let the rms of a speaker stop you from using a much higher powered amplifier to power them with. They'll handle much more power thermally than they are rated for, but be careful on how low you cross them over at, and do not run them with high amounts of power full range or you'll run the risk of tearing the triple joint, surround or spider.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

thanks for the info skullz and john. looked at that hertz amp. thinking i will definitely put that with the speakers.

got a set of those speakers, crossovers, and tweeter for 500 Canadian out of Germany all said and done, whn they cost 700-1400 Canadian off of ebay and amazon. cant figre out why Europe selling so cheap but im not complaining. very excited to here these mother fuckers workin

CDT EUROSPORT or MORELS? Which is the better of the two for strictly a midbass speaker? Read a lot about them and both seem to be a bad ass piece of equipment

John suggested for a 3 way system I should of gone with morels with the chance to add a 9" midbass. Instead of the hertz. I mean it's not too late to return the hsk 165xl. Their still unopened. Thoughts?

Does anyone have cdt or morels as a midbass or components that agree?

Archived