Second Skin Audio

no you dont have to let the car sit 30 days... that's just how long it takes to fully cure. Spectrum is water based so the water needs a chance to dry out. if i remember correctly 48 hours is how long you have to wait before you can re-install the interior. I got this information from the founder of second skin years ago and it was posted on the old ss forum which is now gone when they revamped their site years ago as well. It was the same question can i install damplifier on spectrum and the answer was yes but you want to wait until it fully cures not initially dries. If its dry to the touch and you cover it with damplifier then any water at that point is traped and unable to dry. So to me at least it sounds like most of the curing/drying whatever you want to call it happens almost immediately but theres a longer timeframe afterwards where a small amount water still needs to evaporate. im pretty sure the 30 day timeframe is based of worse conditions for the stuff to dry so depening on the humidity and temperature at the time its applied it may cure before the 30 day mark.

So ya its so much easier to just apply damp then apply spectrum where you dont have to worry about waiting for it to fully cure BUT if you for whatever reason dont want to or cant then its better to be safe and wait the 30 days before applying the damp pro over spectrum.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I got ya

Thanks for the more in depth there

I don't wanna pull interior twice so the real question is how good does spectrum stick to the damplifier

Then

is it better to pull interior twice and do spectrum then a month later do damplifier over

or just do damplifier first and then spectrum pull interior once

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

just do it once. One thing i did was pull the interior many many multiple times. One thing i learned from all that is to try to pull things the least amount of times possible. 1 vs 2 isnt going to make or break anything but unless theres a serious advantage of doing spectrum first it makes no sense to pull the interior twice. i was researching a lil bit to see if i could find any additional info about the total cure time for spectrum and i found a pretty trusted guy say that preformance wise spectrum would work better on damp then the other way around. i never heard that so taking it with a grain of salt but it makes sense.

I did spectrum over damp for 1 reason and 1 reason only. When i first bought damp the company was rather new and i think their manufacturing wasnt perfected yet. On top of that i was a total noob and didnt really know how to apply it that great either. so when i put the damp on and rolled it there were seams of butyl between every piece. So put the carpet back and each seem would stick to the carpet. So the spectrum provided a layer over that as well as a uniform surface for the entire floor.

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Sorry for the delayed response we were out on vacation, Emperor JJ is correct on his info. It is a bit better to do Damplifer first and then Spectrum as it will cover the sheets of Damplifier and create a more solid foundation, Spectrum will stick to Damplifier's high quality foil just as well as it does to sheet metal. That being said, we do also have customers who spray the Spectrum on first and then place Damplifier Pro on top of that, but we would suggest the opposite.

As far as the curing process goes, 30-60 minutes in between coats, 24 hours it will be dry/firm and upholstery can be replaced, 5-7 days and Spectrum can be painted, and somewhere between 7-30 days (depending on humidity in your area) Spectrum will be fully cured and full sound deadening properties will be achieved.

I would say to pull interior once, to put damplifier on the metal and then spray/roll Spectrum on top of that for easiest and recommended process for attaching both vibration products.

Thanks everyone for the assistance while we were on vacation, have a great day and enjoy your projects. Second Skin For The Win!!!

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Extra discount for Veterans? I'll fax you a copy of my ID card or DD214. :)

Sorry for the delayed response, thank you for your service. We do not usually add on discounts on top of each other but if you email me at [email protected] I will activate a coupon code for you and you alone for a one time use discount to thank you for your service.

Eric

Second Skin

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png