2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

spacer.png

I started to think about RCA runs, and i always thought i would just mount it under the dash somewhere.. Nope, the DSP is small but you add 3" with rca ends and i couldn't find a location i liked up front. Looking else where i choose in the trunk next to stock fuse box.  RF rca's are what i ran in the old system. I went with SHCA premium RCA's, I decided to run a front & sub signal from HU to DSP. Cables look nice, i need 5 total and it ran me $150.

spacer.png

I got this today! SHCA shipped it with signature needed at delivery, pretty hard when you work 13 hrs a day, but today i had a chance to get it so hell ya. I love the battery, i was bummed the copper ring terminals weren't there. So now i am dealing w/ SHCA to see what happened. Shit showing up at the end of the week i will update on.

spacer.png

Battery terminals showed up today, glad to have it complete.

spacer.png

These posts showed up today too. I tried to get these shipped from a dozen dealers and the last place i expect was Summit Racing. Shipping was as much as the item. 5th busiest cargo hub in america and still hard as fuck to get stuff.

spacer.png

This is what i had in mind.

spacer.png

I am still not liking the stock wiring runs. I will have to think about it.

spacer.png

SHCA Premium RCA cables arrived today too. It was a great week for goodies. 

spacer.png

I am happy with these rca's, they look & feel solid and can only hope they perform well. 

Very Clean 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

spacer.png

Amazon goodies showed up today. Automobile detailing kit. Still need to finish the engine bay and wanted better tools. Kit was $30, at the local auto parts store some of the brushes can be $5-7 so i think this was a bargain imo.

spacer.png

The tap is for interior, and i don't own any flush cutting pliers. Tool & tape drawer additions. 

spacer.png

I returned the 2 cans of Gunk engine cleaner for some Super Clean.

spacer.png

It worked really good imo.  Winters coming in a hurry, termination dust on the mountains today so glad i got this chore done. Prep the garage for the Lancer.

spacer.png

Second Skin OverKill Pro Closed Cell Foam – High Density Polyethylene Foam Decoupler and Barrier Sheet for Cars – Made in USA

I think i will you this in the rear doors and get some Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro Mass vinyl closed cell foam for front doors and panels.

I was boxing up and labeling equipment to reorganize the trunk better. This is what i have right now.

spacer.png

Left to right. Morel 4" components, all SMD fusing & distribution blocks + VM, XS Power D3400, Limitless Lithium 25ah battery, box of 4 gauge grounds, assorted SHCA lugs.

Alt and battery runs front to back, SHCA Big 3 & 4 gauge ofc power wiring, SHCA Premium RCA runs. More lugs/ heat shrink.

Upgraded JL remote controller, JL Twk 88, Pioneer AVH 4300, auto wiring, tools, speaker labeling heat shrink.

Licences plate back up camera, Second skin sound deadening, Overkill Pro ccf, Soundskin Pro.  More coming!

spacer.png

Plus this drawer of tools and electronics.

Now its hard to start thinking of what i will need down the road that i need to buy up soon.  

I’d be embarrassed to snap a pic of my tool box. 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived