2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

great job on the box looks sexy! i like the paint job with the rf logo :) .... jelly of that trunk space you got there for groceries :P

Thanks man. She is happy with the space left. I like the RF logo, other wise way to much white. Just trying to get all the wiring mapped out so when i attack it i am not missing anything. Next big project with be the T3 mids in the doors. I want to finish it this month and make some progress on the lancer before winter.

nice job. paint looks great. Even better you kept the woman happy.

Thanks bro, i appreciate the kind words. Happier woman when its all done but she is getting better about letting me attack my projects. I work best alone but have kept her informed the whole build and asked her opinion throughout as well.

Thanks bro, i appreciate the kind words. Happier woman when its all done but she is getting better about letting me attack my projects. I work best alone but have kept her informed the whole build and asked her opinion throughout as well.

Happy wife, happy life

Happy wife, happy life

Ya some people live by that saying.....not sure who though. Not me lol.

As you've been doing. Even when you know she probably doesn't care. Asking the wifes opinion has been a good thing at my house.

Keep up the good work.

Even though it was a long work week (72 hrs in 6 days) i managed to get some work done on the Wife's Malibu today. I stayed home, never left the house. I removed A-pilers to install a set of RF P1 Tweeters i had new lying around. Since they are going to be running off HU power i didnt see they need to put T1 or T2 tweeters in.

IMG_2277_zpsdrphe8xs.jpg

IMG_2279_zpsjdypcfte.jpg

IMG_2280_zpsv71j4zte.jpg

So all the stock speakers are 8 ohm. the system sounded clean for stock but the tweeters are 1" and didnt produce much in the highs. Now the RF speakers sound really clean and clear off HU power. Lots of crispness and detail in the highs. Really happy how they sound and the wife noticed a big difference. I think they will keep up with the Mids and bass without amplification.

I had to get creative on the install of these, mounted them from the back side and hot glued them in place. Heated up the beauty ring to form the shape of the pillar and glued it in place. Not perfect but looks ok and sounds great.

So with the A-pillars done i ran all the wiring for the rear speaker signal to LC7 and from T400-4 so i could hang trunk roof liner to button up the trunk and sub enclosure.

I have enclosure in place and sub is in it and ready to run.

IMG_2282_zpsaelgp798.jpg

IMG_2281_zpsdyajuyqs.jpg

Trunk all back together. I am sure the wife is happy yo have this part done.

Hopefully next week will be mounting amps and LC7, running power & front stage wiring. Following weekend install front stage mids and tuned everything with my DD-1.

I'm diggin it man. That RF logo is pretty dope! The black and white makes me impatient to get my s*** done and be painting my setup black and white too! Keep at it though! The round-overs were a nice touch btw. The little things make the install.

Thanks man, I try to do slow quality work. My Lancer is taking the back seat until the Malibu is done. I have a shit ton more time and $ in that system. I wanted the wife to have something nice, i am glad see notices the system getting better and better.

Archived