2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Very well done mate. That deadending work, is not fun. At all. Well done. It's been years, but I really like my T3 comps. They did me well, and I liked the tweeters a good bit. Not loud and harsh (I cant stand pro audio type tweets) . I ran a P0WER 1000.4 bdcp on then. One channel each, and it did really well.  Best of luck goin forward mate. I'd like to be able to hear this....

IMG_1150_zpsytfe0wdz.jpgI owe my wife a ZIPLOC SPACE BAG. I thought i had a small roll of plastic but i couldn't find it.

IMG_1153_zpssqtcft20.jpg

Gotta use what every works.

IMG_1156_zpshggjxz5a.jpg

IMG_1158_zpsfrs9iyw5.jpg

Looks like a Treasure map... to killer sound from my doors!!! This template was fun to make.

IMG_1163_zpsam2ngz0c.jpgI like it...

IMG_1165_zps79ku4lxz.jpgI lined all the holes up then rolled away from each hole to keep it lined up worked good. The Soundskins will flex enough to reach the lower area's if you take the time to roll it out properly.

IMG_1167_zps2zvlimzz.jpgEverything back and sound treated. Loving it now.

IMG_1168_zpsnkikzzho.jpgReady for speaker.

IMG_1169_zps2pv0c02x.jpgDoors need polished, panels need more sound deadening and cleaned before it all goes back together. Once the speakers in i can wire up the front doors to my Bench test HU and do a comparison. to bad the other side had no treatment so one could really tell the difference.  Now it back to being fun again, that was a shit ton of deadening in fucked up positions.

IMG_1171_zpsu2ujncnw.jpgT3 mid back in with a Fast Ring around the speaker spacer and mount instead of on top.

IMG_1174_zpsk4zlmmaa.jpgMy original plan was to get some SoundSkin Fast Ring but they quit making them due to copy right issue's. I seen them in videos but couldn't find them for sale anywhere so i went to Perfectionist Car audio here locally to see if they carried any since they own SoundSkins and that's when i was informed they are not available and why.

IMG_1173_zpsxf4vfbyf.jpgI am diggin how all this came together. Looks killer and performs!

IMG_1170_zps9bpxhwn3.jpgI have my test HU hooked up and running the T3's and oh my god these speakers and treated doors blow my mind on how much music is coming out. Maybe 20 watts total but the clearity and dynamic is incredible for such low wattage. The small holes in the door for the panel to go into are puffing air in and out like ports on a sub enclosure. You know you have it sealed pretty good if its doing that.

I can't hear a noticeable difference between the 2 doors. But in fairness the other door is treated good and the panel isn't back on this one which shouldn't make to big of a difference in sound.

These results take time and money but so worth it to me. Here is a breakdown of what i have into these doors.

Sound deadener & acoustic foam                    $175.

Fast Rings                                                            $25

RF Power T3 6.5" components                       $300

Wire                                                                       $15

10 hrs labor @ $15 per hr =                              $150

$665.00  Total.

1 hour ago, bsneon98 said:

build is inspiring man. truly looks like a professional install. 

Thanks, it's all in the camera angles. 

1 hour ago, Wishuponasub said:

Dang. You are making me regret selling my T3s. I never hooked them up lol.

I bought these like 5 yrs ago. Had them in my Lancer for a year then put them in the Malibu about 4 yrs ago. They are super clean sounding speaker IMO and can take a bit of power. They lack in a real hard hitting low end because they aren't designed for that. super smooth and clean though, and i already have them. If i had 6-800 for a 3-way set i would buy something different.

31 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

You may want to change thoae fast rings. As they are open cell foam. Which does nothing there. Make some out of closed cell foam and they will perform better. Other than that looks great. I still have to finish mine

Left side of speaker is 1/4" from panel so that foam will get squashed down a lot. Other side just touches inside of Panel. I think it will be fine, thanks for the input. 

Archived