2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Been for ever since i have updated. System has ran good for a few years now and the wife got a new ride this summer. 2017 Grand Cherokee TrailHawk, so the Malibu is mine plus i still have the Lancer which i plan to keep for a work car at least one more year.

So Christmas was good to me and i received $550 worth of amazon gift card, And they are spent! 

Just ordered a Pioneer AVH-4200 NEX HU, Sound SKins deadening, Second skin butyl rope, PAC WSI-RC steering wheel interfac. I have the PAC GM11 installed already. A nice Dash Pad, Supplies for fabricating A-Pillars to house a set of 4" Focal Components.

This will be this winters project and next summer save up for full interior sound deading, possible a JL Twk-88 depending on how good this HU sounds, still nice to have more processing and control imo. Needs new Battery, Big 3, 0 gauge runs to replace the 4 guage now.

Pics of goodies when they arrive.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jmanjr82 said:

:twirl:nice dude! Pretty good Christmas! I cant wait to see this build! You always do amazing work, a full review on equipment will be nice as well. Amp for Focals?

Thanks, Same amp set up for now RF Punch.

Nothing crazy, using the equipment thats installed in it right now. RF 500-4 (front doors & rear deck) RF P200-2 (highs in the A-Pillar) 1999 RF Power 1000a1 for sub.

Slow upgrades on Malibu to continue to improve SQ. Car sounds good now more deadening, speaker placement and tuning can make it shine.

Tuned in my brother... as usual !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

20 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Tuned in my brother... as usual !!!

Thanks man. It will be about at the same speed as your build. LOL You know me once i start i put a shit tons of hours in to get it done.

Did you notice i purchased a dash pad? I listen to you brother, you haven't steered me wrong and would love some more advice to get this build closer to a SQ set up.

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks man. It will be about at the same speed as your build. LOL You know me once i start i put a shit tons of hours in to get it done.

Did you notice i purchased a dash pad? I listen to you brother, you haven't steered me wrong and would love some more advice to get this build closer to a SQ set up.

Most think I'm full of shit about a dash pad, but I stick to my guns because I've seen the improvements on a score sheet. Can't wait to get your thoughts when you compare the difference with and without ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

22 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Most think I'm full of shit about a dash pad, but I stick to my guns because I've seen the improvements on a score sheet. Can't wait to get your thoughts when you compare the difference with and without ...

It makes sense to me. Helps eliminate the waves from bouncing around. Like using acoustic  foam to dissipate the back wave of a speaker. I am excited to try it and hear the difference.

take a simple test. Get a thick towel and lay up on the dash. only difference is a custom dash pad is made to contour the curves of the dash and allow for defroster vents.

but for testing purposes, a thick towel works great.

Archived