2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

I had a weird noise in my system once but found out it was my phone bluetooth setting with my music player. It has a sound setting to replicate an old time tube amp and it would make a weird clicking noise. I unplugged each set of RCA's and just couldnt find it. Then a couple days later I was looking throught the setting of my music player and found this setting on. As soon as I turned it off the sound was gone.

Ya i doubt its that simple, HU doesn't have blue tooth capabilities but i will go thru the setting and make sure nothing has changed. My wife knows better than to touch any settings. Will trouble shoot more later. ( like when the A-pillars go in! lol)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing new on the system but some research and learning about how to install the 4" Focal comps in the A-Pillars. I have decided to play with placement with the drivers playing to find the best position and location. Probably scrap the piece i made up and start from scratch. I got a router & stand for Christmas so i need to get tooled up, safety gear and start fabing my own rings on the router.

On another note, fucking Piaa headlights i put in last winter failed already. Total piss me off to spend almost $100 on a stock replacement halogen bulb for it to fail in 7 months. So again the whole front bumper has to come off to remove the headlight housing from the header panel to get the bulbs to replace. Thanks again A-Holes @ GM!!!!  So i bought All LED replacements in hopes this won't be an issue again for awhile. And it all came to about $100 on amazon plus i got some LED back up lights. Wife's windows are pretty dark and even though she has never complained i think she will appreciate the difference.

I know your asking yourself why i didn't LED from the start. Well the cars a 2012 and in 14' i was doing research for a brighter bulb and i thought with Piaa rep and cost of bulbs that they would stand up. But they didnt, i have had them since 14' safely in there package, installed nov 15' dead in 17'. Doesn't sound like $100 bulb to me. And in 14' HID's where still all the rave and LED's weren't that well know to me or up here anyway.

I will give an update to what i think of these bulbs after i get them in this week. Show up monday.

27 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

On another note, fucking Piaa headlights i put in last winter failed already. Total piss me off to spend almost $100 on a stock replacement halogen bulb for it to fail in 7 months. .

:o I don't like that at all... I think I bought PIAA's when I did Tony C's headlight relay kit.... hmmm. We'll see how long mine last. Sorry to hear it man

2 minutes ago, reedal said:

:o I don't like that at all... I think I bought PIAA's when I did Tony C's headlight relay kit.... hmmm. We'll see how long mine last. Sorry to hear it man

Thanks man. They where just the H11 stock upgrade but still pricey!!

Light came in this week and if it wasn't for going back to work this week they would already be in. This weekend i will get them in for the wife. Didn't do a butt load of research on the LEDs but i think these will work better than the PIAA's. Plus LED marker and back up lights. Again thanks to GM 3+ hour job... well at my pace. lol

IMG_2711_zps02manlds.jpg

$100 off Aamazon! LED store locally would have been closer to $300 would be my guess.

• 1 month later...

So what ever happened to the A pillars?? I know you have been busy with your daughters car and the lancer. I want to see how you do it so I can think about doing it to the Toyota. Just need to find a 3" driver so install. I think a 4" would be too big for my little truck.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ya way to many projects right now, plus redesigning what i am going to do there. Good thing is it sounds good right now so no hurry on this project.

I am looking at these,

http://www.parts-express.com/faitalpro-3fe22-3-neodymium-professional-full-range-woofer-4-ohm--294-1100

They are out of stock but I signed up for an email when they get more. Weighs only 1/2 lb and 3" . Would fit perfect in the A pillar. Might not need a tweeter with these. Although if I did run a tweet I could wire them together in series to 8 ohms so not to over power them.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Heard great things about those Faital Pros and most reviews say they dont need a tweeter to mate with them. 

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

EDIT....to much thinking out loud... lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived