2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

13 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks,  I was like that with Lancer build,  would work on a upgrade for  days getting little to no sleep.  I use to be able to work like that but anymore at 48 yr old & having a garage... It will waite and this build is special to me so i don't want to rush steps or do shitty work just to have progress done.  Besides buying up 8K worth if shit in the last 9 months i have been researching, studying on how to make this build the best i can without dumping a ton more into equipment.  Right now wire management and routing are on my mind the most.  I really don't to forget anything and have to add on later.  I even plan to set up a couple extra relays and have a run or two head up to the dash for down the road.  Its just that kinda shit that i am thinking and planning thru.

I’m pretty sure I’m one of those kids who has ADD before it was a big thing but I’ve managed to make great money being a technician on flat rate because of it ,so I just push on but I’m 40 now and thinking about one day I need to slow down. Hope I can do it .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

I’m pretty sure I’m one of those kids who has ADD before it was a big thing but I’ve managed to make great money being a technician on flat rate because of it ,so I just push on but I’m 40 now and thinking about one day I need to slow down. Hope I can do it .

It happens fast,  I was 45 and i noticed work seemed a bit harder, same shit i have done for 20 yrs.  Every year after that a little bit harder to get in shape and get use to working 12 hr days.  50 is retirement from this career.

I am getting plywood thursday so i been working on equipment layout, battery location and fusing for spare tire well.  Amp rack layout as of now.

spacer.png

I have 23" of depth to use.  I am going with a horizontal amp rack,  Learn how to back light and throw a acrylic window over the amps and wiring.  I would like a panel to cover the window for stealth mode.

spacer.png

This is the stock carpet & panel i am using to mock up on.  I have a template ready for wood, layout is the hard part, design idea # 42.0.  Lets see if this one sticks. 

Just got the Audison Connection Power/Ground distribution block in!  

spacer.png

Little bigger than i thought it would be.  4"h x 8"w, it is a solid unit thats for sure.  $90 + shipping.  

spacer.png

The power can pass thru to add another which i will do.  I have another Audison Connection coming just incase i don't like this combo.

spacer.png

Audison Connection 0 awg to 2 4 awg fused & A 0 awg to 4 4awg grounding blocks.  

spacer.png

2 of the big distribution block might be overkill but it gives me 2 extra power outputs if need down the road.  I need 6 outputs right:  3 amps, Sparked Innovations, Acc power  fused distro block,  6 ? right now.

Happy to have this, just another piece of the puzzle that much closer to solving.

Amp rack layout w/ rca's, and mocked up power & ground runs. 

spacer.png

I wanted the distribution blocks like this on the bottom, but it makes really tight bends on the  power & ground runs. Just not a lot room there for power/ground, rca's, speaker wires.  I can only push the amps up so high for the acrylic window or it will look stupid.  I will revisit this idea once enclosure is mounted and sealed off from the cabin to see how much room i actually have to work with.  Extra inch could make all the difference in the word!  I hate Logo's on products, to use the distribution blocks like this, they would be mounted upside down.  Give me a decal or reversable logo any day.

spacer.png

Kona wanted in on the action.  This is one good dog,  she is a people pleaser.  She has a underbite so she is always smiling.

spacer.png

Coco is not a good dog but is so cute can get away with it.  For example i took 7 pictures trying to get her to lift her head up, she knew it and wasn't about to look up. Little Bitch!  I think she picked this setup. ?

spacer.png

This is what looked good at the time but now looking at it.... ?  Floor, sides, and back side of lid will all be painted bright white to match the car with led back lighting,  i think if i do it right i can pull it off to make it look good.

Plywood tommorow.... so we'll see what happens.

6 minutes ago, bmwking said:

lol your dogs are cute man.  love that underbite

Thanks man! These are my first dogs and when the wife and i where talking about getting one it was my idea to get a hypoalergenic dog.  These are what was availible locally when we were looking. Toy & Teacup Poodles.  12 lbs & 3.3 lbs.

6 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks man! These are my first dogs and when the wife and i where talking about getting one it was my idea to get a hypoalergenic dog.  These are what was availible locally when we were looking. Toy & Teacup Poodles.  12 lbs & 3.3 lbs.

i grew up with a Bichon (also hypoallergenic), and man I'm as straight as it gets but i do love me some teacup/toy sized dogs lol.

plus, their poops are super tiny!  nothing like my 85lb pitbulls full size constipated human logs

Could you do distribution blocks on the under side of the amp rack panel or do you want them seen in the acrylic window? Just a throught

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

4 hours ago, bmwking said:

i grew up with a Bichon (also hypoallergenic), and man I'm as straight as it gets but i do love me some teacup/toy sized dogs lol.

plus, their poops are super tiny!  nothing like my 85lb pitbulls full size constipated human logs

Thats funny shit right there! ....

Archived