2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

nice speakers! thats awesome about the a pillars. i probably wont ever touch mine but atlest ill see how it would look like :)

Thanks man, pretty excited to work on them to see how it all turns out. But first get the Lancers system up and running by the end of spring break.

I have a Template made up. Now i need some MDF, i was thinking 3/8" or 1/2" max. The thinner i make it the faster i can transition into the A-Pillar.

IMG_2579_zpsqgonhmw9.jpg

IMG_2580_zpss8tty6hs.jpg

Not 100% sold on this but with the right shaping it could look good.

It'll look good when it get s built up... not to mention, it's like your only choice for shape lol

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

It'll look good when it get s built up... not to mention, it's like your only choice for shape lol

Ya its going to have to. I am limited to shape, 3.5" would have fit better but i wanted the 4" and now i will have to make it look good. Still loving your system?

Ya its going to have to. I am limited to shape, 3.5" would have fit better but i wanted the 4" and now i will have to make it look good. Still loving your system?

Tuned it up the other day and I'm loving it more.. going to try and throw some polyfill in there to get some more lows as they are lacking just a tad... but the enclosure is on the small side... but for the most part I can play damn near anything (considering I dont listen to slowed music), I just want more authority on the low end for when I play songs like "Future- Real Sisters"

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Making some progress on the A-Pillars.

IMG_2583_zpsbzy0bxa9.jpg

Turned out ok, now i just have to figure out mounting.

IMG_2584_zpsiqz9ur2c.jpg

I like the looks of this better. Not sure what a difference it makes having the tweeters at the bottom. Further away from your ears. I will have to hook them up and see what the difference is.

IMG_2585_zpsyuqo4es6.jpg

This way is probably more correct. It just make it so big and more filler time to make it all look good.

Any thoughts ????

Really like that 4"!! tuned in for more !

Thanks man, Focal lists it as a 80mm driver. 3.25" is the cone and from surround edges 3.5" and the basket is 4". Gonna take awhile to get it mounted and ready for fleecing. Trying to get Lancer up and running over spring break.

Nice set of comps let's get on it.

Thanks, it will be a slow process. Need to get Lancer system up and running over spring break. Then i will return to the A-Pillars.

Archived