2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

61UHI3FcZpL._SL1000_.jpg

So i was thinking about getting these 8" midbass speakers for the wifes malibu and have a all Focal front stage. These would replace the 6.5" T3's in the doors now. $249 on amazon. With the doors deadened as good as they are i think these would go good with the 4" mids and tweeters in the a-Pillars.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all of those reviews probably never put as much time and work into their installation of those speakers as I'm sure you will. I think those will be some great sounding drivers by the time you're finished getting them in place :)

I think all of those reviews probably never put as much time and work into their installation of those speakers as I'm sure you will. I think those will be some great sounding drivers by the time you're finished getting them in place :)

Agree not to many people run 8" drivers

Good to see you back man!

I never went anywhere? Vegas in February! Ha Ha. Your paint job turned out nice!

Back at this build lol. And thank you sir. Still wetsanding but hope to catch up on that this weekend!

• 2 months later...

Just read through the build. Nice job man. Nice clean install. Tuned in for the A pillar build.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Just read through the build. Nice job man. Nice clean install. Tuned in for the A pillar build.

Thanks man. System just got a gremlin lately. Pulsing ticking noise thru tweeters off the P200-2 amp. It comes and goes no rhyme or reason to it so i brought it in the garage today to look at it. Connections are all solid, unplugged RCA's and it still made the sound. Turned gains all the way down, helped but was still there. So for now i took the remote wire lead out so the amp doesn't turn on. More i thinking about it could be a ground but will need more time to check it out farther. So for now no highs up front, but the T3's still sound real nice with out the tweeters.

I had a weird noise in my system once but found out it was my phone bluetooth setting with my music player. It has a sound setting to replicate an old time tube amp and it would make a weird clicking noise. I unplugged each set of RCA's and just couldnt find it. Then a couple days later I was looking throught the setting of my music player and found this setting on. As soon as I turned it off the sound was gone.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived