2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the seatbelt put the bolt back in that has the gray trim on it ( the upper shoulder piece) and pull the retractor end straight down should fee up. It’s designed to lock when shifted it thinks the car is on it’s side or upside down , Don’t start taking it apart should be fine.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

7 hours ago, reedal said:

Maybe a local shop knows a trick about the seatbelt? Looking good man.

Thanks for the idea, i plan to call around on Monday for a solution. 

6 hours ago, Ron36 said:

For the seatbelt put the bolt back in that has the gray trim on it ( the upper shoulder piece) and pull the retractor end straight down should fee up. It’s designed to lock when shifted it thinks the car is on it’s side or upside down , Don’t start taking it apart should be fine.

Trust me i tried a number of ways to free it up. That's how it ended up so short, working it to try and get it to release. I am not done trying just don't want to deal with it. Looks like they are $200 new and company's out there that fix them after accidents. ? For $50 the adds say. ?

UPDATE:

I got all the Damp Pro install in the cab and now i am using the 1mm Damplifier which is a pretty rigid product. I think i might have been able to use this product throughout the build and doubled up where strength was needed. instead of the Damp Pro. I could have saved a little on the budget, oh well at least i know i went the extra mile and got the good shit where it was needed.

IMG_0787_zpsudpajikr.jpg

Finishing up the Damp Pro on the floor. I was using the speakers as weights to hold the wiring harness out of my way while i deaden.

IMG_0784_zps70bq2kt3.jpg

IMG_0788_zps1qz1sfgl.jpg

Floor finish and working on the sides from floor up.

IMG_0789_zpsuqokzttg.jpg

Progress at 2 am when i stopped this morning.

IMG_0791_zpsixke4plg.jpg

Today's goal is to get  the back seat area done with the Damplifier so i can start putting down the SoundSkins on the floorboard. Most of this covered up again. I done have a solid plan for coverage yet, and of course the shits GOLD and i don't want to waste any. lol

Today's Update:

IMG_0792_zpsgfebzprd.jpg

Finished with the Damp & Damp Pro in this area. I have three sheets left for the trunk area.

IMG_0794_zpstinuq6mj.jpg

What was done today.

IMG_0793_zpsqdlprctg.jpg

I hate the foil aluminum looking deadening in the trunk.

IMG_0796_zpskcothaep.jpg

Now to plan out how i want to lay the SoundSkins. I can start it tight in the corner on the right side. And only do the floor and trans hump. ?

IMG_0797_zpscnoxfs4m.jpg

Or i can start it hear and go across. Difference is about 5". I forgot to mention that if i did it the other way i would use dynamat 1/8" acoustic foam on the sides. Trying to figure out what would probably yield the best results. Thoughts anyone?

IMG_0799_zpsopbwh2qh.jpgI planned on treating the tranny hump. I have 4 rolls, was hoping to have one left over for front doors.

IMG_0795_zpsa2mpvv7d.jpgAnd this is the sheet of dynaliner for where ever is need to help seal up the cabin.

I could use some suggestions from you guys at this stage. 

Thanks 

I spent a couple hours measuring  the floor out to see how far material's would go and it looks like i will have enough SoundSkins to cover floor boards, tranny hump & sides. Back seat area up into the back side of the trunk where the sub enclosure sit's.  And Back Wheel wells. Dynaliner will fill in some small gaps and area's so i don't waste the good stuff where it is needed as much. 

I need to deaden a few more area's before starting on the SoundSkins. It feels good to have a layout plan now. With it being a long weekend and the wife having it off i might not get much done this weekend. But i will sneak as much work in as i can. Looks like all 4 rolls of SoundSkins will get used up on the floor. I was going to have to buy more product anyway so i think it's best to make it solid the first time. This shit would be way easy if $ wasn't issue and you had a pallet of this shit lying around. lol

Are you going to do the test where you drive it off into a swimming pool, wait a week, to pull it back out and see if any water got into the cabin area ??? 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived