2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

Man I’m sorry to hear that bro. Question, do you have a kid with her?

No, 13 yr old stepson that I have been there for al Qaeda most 10 yrs

Why?

Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m just speaking out of love. I asked because I wanted to know if you had any life ties or obligations with her. And if you don’t have a kid with her, then you don’t. So, if a girl can’t truly love you for you, the real you, hobby baggage and all, then that’s not the girl for you and you deserve better. Tell her that it upsets you that she shaves her legs and armpits and you want her to stop doing that and spending money on that and watch how quick she looks at you crazy like it isn’t the same thing when it is the same thing. She shaves to make her feel pretty, thus happy. She doesn’t have to shave. But she does to make herself happy. Same thing when it comes to makeup. She doesn’t need makeup, but spends what you are gonna call, “spends a bunch of useless money on it”, just like she probably says to you. And she has been doing this since you have known her. So, the same thing applies when it comes to you and car audio. Car audio fuels the same endorphins just like shaving and makeup fuels a female endorphins. There is hypocrisy in the smoke. You just have to fan it out to see it. I don’t know the details but I do know that most likely, you deserve better bro. As long as you are not physically, mentally, verbally or emotionally abusing her, then 100% you deserve better. Please don’t perceive this the wrong way. Much love dude and bass on!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

14 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m just speaking out of love. I asked because I wanted to know if you had any life ties or obligations with her. And if you don’t have a kid with her, then you don’t. So, if a girl can’t truly love you for you, the real you, hobby baggage and all, then that’s not the girl for you and you deserve better. Tell her that it upsets you that she shaves her legs and armpits and you want her to stop doing that and spending money on that and watch how quick she looks at you crazy like it isn’t the same thing when it is the same thing. She shaves to make her feel pretty, thus happy. She doesn’t have to shave. But she does to make herself happy. Same thing when it comes to makeup. She doesn’t need makeup, but spends what you are gonna call, “spends a bunch of useless money on it”, just like she probably says to you. And she has been doing this since you have known her. So, the same thing applies when it comes to you and car audio. Car audio fuels the same endorphins just like shaving and makeup fuels a female endorphins. There is hypocrisy in the smoke. You just have to fan it out to see it. I don’t know the details but I do know that most likely, you deserve better bro. As long as you are not physically, mentally, verbally or emotionally abusing her, then 100% you deserve better. Please don’t perceive this the wrong way. Much love dude and bass on!

No worries man. You can't say anything at this point that could hurt me or upset me.  Thank you for the insight, i appreciate it. Just trying to make it thru this limbo stage. 

IMG_2616

Still figuring out the plan for here but this is close.  The 2 SHCA fuse boxes will be replaced with The SMD dual anal fuse holder.  My OCD won't let me have the 2 different makes in this area, crazy because nobody's even going to see it.  I do not have enough lugs for power & ground to go up into the amp rack so those are coming this week.

IMG_2624

Power coming from fuse box to battery.  I made a few stands for the wire to be mounted to, i painted them black to blend it.   The battery sticks up 2.5" higher than the platform which was determined by the ground wires coming in from the frame.  The Stands will keep the wires at a even level thru this section.  Kind of like freeways of power.  You will see what i mean as progress conitues.

IMG_2621

This is the left side and it will have the new SMD fuse holder mounted high up in this area.

IMG_2620

And the right side will be a fused power & ground distribution  block for relays to run the leds that will be in the trunk and cabin as well.

IMG_2626

The 3 in black are Audioson distribution blocks for the amp rack. All the same brand, nice looking hardware for a finished look.

IMG_2628

I put the stock deadening pad back in.  Couldn't hurt right.  This was the last thing to do in the spare tire well, things are starting to go back in to completion.  I like it,  but there is a shit ton of wiring to do.  Power and grounds first then on to the next thing.  This is where some help would be nice.

IMG_2630

I put speaker gasket all around the battery/fuse mounting board so it would be foam on foam.  I installed it and have the battery sitting in it.  I need the right length screws to put the hold down on.

I will get more done later today.

3 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

IMG_2616

Still figuring out the plan for here but this is close.  The 2 SHCA fuse boxes will be replaced with The SMD dual anal fuse holder.  My OCD won't let me have the 2 different makes in this area, crazy because nobody's even going to see it.  I do not have enough lugs for power & ground to go up into the amp rack so those are coming this week.

IMG_2624

Power coming from fuse box to battery.  I made a few stands for the wire to be mounted to, i painted them black to blend it.   The battery sticks up 2.5" higher than the platform which was determined by the ground wires coming in from the frame.  The Stands will keep the wires at a even level thru this section.  Kind of like freeways of power.  You will see what i mean as progress conitues.

IMG_2621

This is the left side and it will have the new SMD fuse holder mounted high up in this area.

IMG_2620

And the right side will be a fused power & ground distribution  block for relays to run the leds that will be in the trunk and cabin as well.

IMG_2626

The 3 in black are Audioson distribution blocks for the amp rack. All the same brand, nice looking hardware for a finished look.

IMG_2628

I put the stock deadening pad back in.  Couldn't hurt right.  This was the last thing to do in the spare tire well, things are starting to go back in to completion.  I like it,  but there is a shit ton of wiring to do.  Power and grounds first then on to the next thing.  This is where some help would be nice.

IMG_2630

I put speaker gasket all around the battery/fuse mounting board so it would be foam on foam.  I installed it and have the battery sitting in it.  I need the right length screws to put the hold down on.

I will get more done later today.

So meticulous to become perfect! Love it! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Todays progress... 

IMG_2638

Battery mount done,  Fuse block done.

IMG_2640

Fuse block in.

IMG_2643

Done up to this point,  I will get positive done tomorrow.

IMG_2645

Different view.

IMG_2635

12V outlet gone.  Sparks Innovations dual volts meter installed.

IMG_2637

Closer look. I could front batt & rear Batt.  Alt and battery.  Have figured it out cause i am not there yet.

IMG_2631

I can't remember if i have put all these pieces in.  I floor panel had to be cut into 2 halves to go in when trunk carpet panels go back in.

IMG_2632

Vertical beauty panel behind sub enclosure.  With all the carpet in should be close to seal off from cabin, If not the enclosure will be sealed off from the cabin side.

IMG_2633

IMG_2634

Any body have suggestion on layout.  The amps will be like this because i have them raised up off the floor and planned to put Leds around them.

This is one of the cleanest builds I’ve seen. The work you have done on it so far proves to me that no suggestion from another on a layout is needed. What you come up with would probably be better. Super Clean!

DFB60B9D-57A5-491C-A4B9-815C164692A4.jpeg.5f617b4b2721a4598e270b8973f475e1.jpeg

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

This is one of the cleanest builds I’ve seen. The work you have done on it so far proves to me that no suggestion from another on a layout is needed. What you come up with would probably be better. Super Clean!

DFB60B9D-57A5-491C-A4B9-815C164692A4.jpeg.5f617b4b2721a4598e270b8973f475e1.jpeg

100% agree! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived