2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

You guys got some cool wives if they like bass, mine hated it, but if bass was off then complained about it being all "treble" so take that for what it's worth...

lol...i be telling mine to turn that shit down, she bumps more than I do...

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys got some cool wives if they like bass, mine hated it, but if bass was off then complained about it being all "treble" so take that for what it's worth...

My wife likes mine, but won't let me set her up until she has a new car, and she's not allowed to do that until her student loans are done

I think my wife will be middle of the road with her system. She would sit in the lancer but didnt like full tilt for very long. I know she loves music and likes it a bit on the loud side.

I got the enclosure wired up this evening & sub in. Decals on. Turned out ok. Wife's diggin it. We went on a road trip to the drag races and she noticed a difference with the 6x9s in. Little more Bass from the rear. Boy is she in for a surprise when everything is in and tuned.

IMG_2269_zpsfoxxhln5.jpg

Not the best lighting.

Last time i do a White box. lol

Layout as of now. I will raise the LC7 by 3/4" for RCA's to run under it for cleaner look. Sad this is i dont have way to test the box out. Her car has no wires run yet and the Lancer is down for the rebuild. I guess once it all in thats when i will get it tested out. I just happy as shit i am making some progress.

What paint or technique do you use to get that sick glossy look?

GM color match spray cans. About 6 coats, wet sanded, then 3 coats of clear. I could have wet sanded and buffed the clear but i though it looked good enough. Its not a show car. I have very little $ into this build. MDF, Paint, 4 gauge amp kit, speaker wiring adapter's, sound deadener and a few other misc stuff. Everything else is extra equipment me or my son had on hand. So like $250 so far, time into build 60 hrs, with that much left to finish.

I got the box in the wifes car with trunk panels reinstalled again and it was a super tight fit to say the least. Damaged box some with dings and scratches so that bummed me out. At one point i had to walk away before i got really mad. But.... Its in and not coming back out! Every! lol

Looks kinda like i envisioned it.

IMG_2275_zpsohro9qfe.jpg

And a blank canvas to mount the amps & LC7 to.

I also made the 3/4" spacers for the LC7 today. Cut, primed & painted. Waiting for them to dry to attach them. More work next weekend.

That box looks clean, looks more like a trim panel than a box on that last pic lol, good work

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

That box looks clean, looks more like a trim panel than a box on that last pic lol, good work

Thanks, i try to make it look clean. Wifes getting excited, she is happy she still has room in her trunk.

Archived