2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Looks nice. But mounting the amps to the box and running half the wires took you 6 hrs?!

Well good thing i dont work for you huh! Prep time and clean up. Interior removal and routing plan of wiring.... Not damaging anything.... PRICELESS.

It was a beautiful day out, played badminton, Croquet in the front yard while working on it. my son was also over changing out his radiator on his 94 GMC.

I never turn out shit work, i try to be a perfectionist and will never ever just slap something in to get work done.

I was able to get some wiring done today. Its never enough progress but that much closer. I hope to put the T3 mids in the doors and finish up the wiring next weekend.

IMG_2299_zpsmm9pzszu.jpg

I used the trunk panels to conceal the power, ground wires . installed plastic gromits for the wires to come thru. Cleaner look.

IMG_2300_zpshefsenp7.jpgI will clean up the floor where the wires are coming thru when everything is hooked up. The wife say there is a lot going on there. I laughed. I think see is getting excited. If i can get the mids in next weekend and finish wiring for tuning it should be done.

Little progress today before the rain showers started. The day started helping a good friend remove asphalt at his apartment building he owns. Brought my son and two brothers and some equipment to help. Finished that by noon and went to RF authorized dealer for a T1D412" grille. They had something that i made work, just need to remove RF logo. I threw away the one that came with it like a dumb ass. lol

IMG_2301_zpspmz0e2gt.jpg

Now the wife can pile shit in there and i dont have to worry about the sub being damaged. I got it for $220 off amazon in 2012, now it would be $450 to replace.

IMG_2302_zpsusvdgcpn.jpg

I pulled the T3 mids out of the Lancer kick panels to put in her doors.

IMG_2303_zpst9malwwp.jpg

Sexy looking mids. If the rain stops i will head out and start on door panel removal. I have my brothers garage tomorrow if the weather is shitty to test and tune the system. I really want to surprise the wife with how good it will sound. What a big difference all this hard work has made.

Shit.... outside with door panel off trying to get T3 in passenger door and it starts raining again. F-ing weather. lol

Well i weathered thru the rain to get passenger side speaker wired up. And man did it rain.

IMG_2304_zpsjbcsnpuz.jpg

Door panels are really friendly to get off.

IMG_2305_zpshgutwjdc.jpg

Out with the stock speaker and in with the T3 mid.

IMG_2306_zps8jvkmegs.jpg

IMG_2308_zpsynb691gu.jpg

IMG_2310_zpsu99vj2dy.jpg

Work station for the last 3 hrs. To much shit in carport to pull car in. I almost packed up and went to my brothers for a all nighter just to get it done.

IMG_2309_zpszooiykwt.jpg

hard rain for Anchorage, been going on since 4pm. Thunder happening too, kinda cool but nicer weather would have helped make more progress.

What do you have to do to get the door panels off?

Remove 4 screws, 1 bolt, and be careful. It is just one of the easier panels i have done.

Archived