2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

No problem man. Rockford is one of my favorite companies hand down.

Just picked up a old school punch 120x2 on ebay for $30. Says it powers on but no output, should be an easy fix :)

I had thought about going old school amps on the whole build, shopped on ebay even. But in the end when i had access to these punch amps it made sence to save money to use them.

Ive contemplated that too. I just watched BIg D WIz on youtube do an amp dyno of that little guy, does roughly twice the power in the right circumstance!

Cant beat some of these old school boards.

Got my amp today, tested it real quick but will have to properly fix it sunday. This weekend im starting to gut my car so that will be my wind down project lol.

The little strip fuse had a jumper wired on there, obviously that blew at some point and someone fixed it. It got warm again and came un soldered.

I jumpered it real quick and it powers on and puts out beautiful clean power :)

Thing is almost as old as I am and stills like a new board. I will post pics in my build log when I get to it!

Right on man, Glad to hear it works. I would like to see pics of the amp. Love the old school stuff. It was what i was introduced to the early 90's and have liked them since. You got a build log going?

So i was able to finish the HU install last night and button it up. Plus get passenger door deadened and put back together. Turned out good and i am happy with the results.

IMG_2418_zpshml7pyhc.jpg

IMG_2419_zpsmupwg94u.jpg

Door before....

IMG_2421_zpsnhspcbbh.jpg

I guess GM puts sound deadener in there doors. Its a pad like this that is in the bottom half of the door.

IMG_2422_zpstr0aa3xk.jpg

So thats gotta go....

IMG_2423_zps81pnshlj.jpg

This is where the pad was, and i guess they put 2 strips of deadener on as well. One here and one above..

IMG_2425_zpsiejw40eq.jpg

Stock....

IMG_2426_zpsr0mbz3id.jpg

Stinger Raod Kill Extreme throughout, about 80% coverage. I had a hard time getting high up into the door thru the openings. Bottom is covered very well.

IMG_2428_zpsrj1d6dht.jpg

The disc in the panel is part of that 3 piece foam ring kit and surrounding it and throughout the door is Dynaliner 1/4" acoustic foam .

IMG_2429_zps0id3e08r.jpg

Everywhere that was white in the openings was silver from sound deadening is now black with acoustic foam.

IMG_2430_zps8qazkxd6.jpg

I put some sound deadening on a few areas that could use it.

IMG_2432_zpslncqcinj.jpg

Hard to deaden much of an area with this factory seal that goes back into place. Woofer foam ring to door panel.

IMG_2433_zpswwx4byiv.jpg

So i put some 1/8th inch Dynaliner on the back of the panel anywhere it made contact with the door, and a few places it didn't to help reduce rattles.

IMG_2434_zpswea1qzta.jpg

Panel back together and everything is snug and quiet.

I spent about 7 hrs with HU and door panel so it was late when i finished up. I noticed a big difference in how the 2 doors sounded. Passenger door is really clean, clear and responsive sounding, I can tell the foam and deadening is doing its job. The driver door sounds muddled, and a bit of echo or booming from the midbass. Nothing like the door that's sealed and deadened. Two different sounding door with same driver show me again how important install is. Glad i took the time to deaden, these aren't cheap speakers and sound really really good and i haven't had time to tune much so i think they can sound even better.

I will do the driver side next weekend and then i think that's it until i get some A-pillar and speakers to fab up. Every little effort to get the system sounding better is paying off, it won't win any SQ awards but the system sounds really fucking good. Wife is liking it also.

So i was able to finish the HU install last night and button it up. Plus get passenger door deadened and put back together. Turned out good and i am happy with the results.

I put some sound deadening on a few areas that could use it.

IMG_2432_zpslncqcinj.jpg

Hard to deaden much of an area with this factory seal that goes back into place. Woofer foam ring to door panel.

IMG_2433_zpswwx4byiv.jpg

So i put some 1/8th inch Dynaliner on the back of the panel anywhere it made contact with the door, and a few places it didn't to help reduce rattles.

Panel back together and everything is snug and quiet.

I spent about 7 hrs with HU and door panel so it was late when i finished up. I noticed a big difference in how the 2 doors sounded. Passenger door is really clean, clear and responsive sounding, I can tell the foam and deadening is doing its job. The driver door sounds muddled, and a bit of echo or booming from the midbass. Nothing like the door that's sealed and deadened. Two different sounding door with same driver show me again how important install is. Glad i took the time to deaden, these aren't cheap speakers and sound really really good and i haven't had time to tune much so i think they can sound even better.

I will do the driver side next weekend and then i think that's it until i get some A-pillar and speakers to fab up. Every little effort to get the system sounding better is paying off, it won't win any SQ awards but the system sounds really fucking good. Wife is liking it also.

Thats awesome man. I bought like 5 huge yoga mats to line my floor and trunk. gonna get some ccf for like vinyl tops and such for everywhere else.

My plan is absolute over kill, my car is old and im tired of rattles lmao

Thank you sir... i am happy with it. Dynaliner isn't very spendy IMO. And i know there are other products that work as well or better. I had enough of this on hand to do both doors.

Sorry I been out the loop for a while, on SMD period, but man very nice attention to detail.. i'm sure the midbass and midrange is very clean with all the work you put in!! Good shit bro!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Thank you sir... i am happy with it. Dynaliner isn't very spendy IMO. And i know there are other products that work as well or better. I had enough of this on hand to do both doors.

Nice, I love being able to finish a project and not have to spend a dime. How many square feet did you end up using?

Sorry I been out the loop for a while, on SMD period, but man very nice attention to detail.. i'm sure the midbass and midrange is very clean with all the work you put in!! Good shit bro!!

Thanks man, Ya midbass is clean and tight now. Sorry to hear about your build and downsizing due to issues. Any progresss with your system or are you done? Thanks for posting and Happy Holidays.

Nice, I love being able to finish a project and not have to spend a dime. How many square feet did you end up using?

Thanks, it is nice to have materials on hand so i am not spending a bunch out of pocket. I probably have a box for the whole build (36 sq ft) .

Thanks man, Ya midbass is clean and tight now. Sorry to hear about your build and downsizing due to issues. Any progresss with your system or are you done? Thanks for posting and Happy Holidays.

Nice!! I know it made a world of a difference... And I'm actually doing the exact opposite, I'm upgrading lol I have my Northstar SMS220 on the Fedex truck and probaby around my birthday in march upgrade my soundqubed hds210s to Fi SSDs.. I'll be revising my build with the same equipment, so I'll be building a battery and amp rack to fit all my equipment in my spare tire well for a SUPER clean trunk... basically, no equipment will be visible except the subs and enclosure, no wires or nothing will be seen when the trunk is open or when my seats are folded down!! Also going to redo the body work on my doors and possibly paint them to color match instead of the vinyl!! (that part is in the air).. And thank you, Happy holidays to you too!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived