2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

IMG_1177_zpsbikklthz.jpgThe fast ring i had on was to thick for the panel to go over. Everything is real tight on the left side of the speaker. Panel fastener molding by speaker makes it tight. 

IMG_1175_zpsvyl2txsz.jpgI made a Fast Ring out of closed cell material left over from the Stiger 6x9 kit. The Plug for the back wave. Everything is tight so trimming deadening to get panel back on.

IMG_1178_zpse5ysfcaz.jpgFactory vapor barrier blends in and looks good. I wasn't sure how it was going to look but knew i wanted to keep it installed just in case soundskins behind it ever gets removed for service or repair. Its fun to be able to work on it while listening to tunes come from the speaker in front of you.

IMG_1182_zps5d4aknxv.jpgPassenger side done, it took some trimming here & there to get the panel back on.  Speaker output is a bit louder than the other side

IMG_1183_zpszc6fcrgx.jpgDriver side started.

IMG_1185_zpscdz1jyvc.jpg

IMG_1186_zpsc6hhvlss.jpg

IMG_1187_zpsnmla3cah.jpg

IMG_1191_zpswbcehkv4.jpgDoor cleaned and prepped for deadening.

IMG_1192_zpsrlurnpqi.jpgAdded some small pieces to the outside inner again.

IMG_1194_zpsjwwhftob.jpgInside the panel, Stinger Road kill is under the dynamat foam.

IMG_1196_zpsmms6frp8.jpgI added more deadening on the right side corner inside the door,

IMG_1197_zpsnguhbwsr.jpgI was listening to the T3's mids all weekend using ny nano ipod. Running thru the different types of music and it sounds great. So good i wanted to hear a little rear fill so i hooked everything up, faded forward and listened. It is truly amazing how good it sounds for 4 speaker on a $69 HU getting about 5+ watts each.

IMG_1198_zpsz7l5ft5k.jpgI have the SoundSkins Cut out for this panel already so this should go alot faster than the otherside. 

spacer.png

Main harness and mirror wiring Tesa taped up. 

spacer.png

Another look at harness and speaker opening.

spacer.png

Speaker back in and playing.

spacer.png

Vapor barrier back on and i found a lone thin fast ring so i used it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Need to apply more deadening to the door .

spacer.png

The white foam piece came loose so i hot glued it back down.

The wife asked tonight why the parts in the downstairs room weren't moving and being installed. I simple said it's part of the process for the "fore ever CAR" lol I figure that if i title the malibu that she will buy into any amount of money i dump into. I don't think she was buying it though, as i was walking away i heard something to the affect "don't make me burn both cars down!"  Her way of saying she is close to being fed up. I will make her listen to what i have done so far to suck her in.

I start work Monday, got the call today. I was hoping for this week and next to keep working on it but fuck it, it'll just have to be worked on all summer and stock up goodies. I was thinking of ordering something weekly for about $100 and toward the end of the summer get the JL TWK 88 and some new mids 7 highs. Looking at the Illusion Audio Carbon C3CX for the Pillars. What i have now it pretty big and if i go NOE magnets depth is much shallower. Just a thought.

spacer.png

I spent some extra time putting acoustic foam to backside of panel. This finishes up the doors after i put the panel back on.

I have about a 1/4 roll of soundskins left and i found an area that might need some more attention. That will be next. Last of the deadening for this round.

5 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

spacer.png

I spent some extra time putting acoustic foam to backside of panel. This finishes up the doors after i put the panel back on.

I have about a 1/4 roll of soundskins left and i found an area that might need some more attention. That will be next. Last of the deadening for this round.

Acoustic foam? What about doing ccf over the deadener on the door to decouple the panel?

CCF? I figure with the Soundskin on the door and the foam on the panel was above and beyond. It's what i had to work with. And if you can show me how you did it in your build log i would love to see it. 

Archived