2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

7-11-19 Updates:  A-Pillar speakers came in today.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Center part of box was a little beat looking but all equipment looked to be in great shape.

spacer.png

Speakers & crossover look real nice out of the box. Solid looking and feeling equipment.

spacer.png

I am digging the look.

spacer.png

Back of speaker looks good as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spider & voice coil shot.

spacer.png

This is cool as hell. Worked, my shit is genuine.

Morel Hybrid Integra 402 specs:

Nominal impedance :   4 ohm

Power handling RMS  :  80 watts

Max Power handling : 250 watts

Sensitivity  : 89 db

Freq Response : 80-5000 hz

Resonant Freq : 92 hz

Voice Coil Dia : 54mm (2.10)

Voice Coil Type : Aluminum 

Voice Coil Wire : Hexatech Aluminum

Magnet : Neodymium

Max Linear Ex mm (inch) : 4+2 (0.16+0.08)

CMS : 0.66

Elect Q factor QES : 0.45

QTS : 0.36

QMS : 1.72

Mech Resist RMS : 1.44

Moving Mass MMS : 4.4 grams

Cone Type : Formed Paper

Cone Material : Composite Cellular Fiber

I am happy with the purchase so far and will hook up the crossover this weekend and try a sound off with the Focal Access 100 A3 components. I really hope the sound like $549 speakers. Most i have paid for a set of speakers yet. RF T3 comps where $360 in second. newer RF T1 12" for under $200.  Anyway i will update this weekend on sound testing.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad brother, I call myself scanning the site, but I’ve been busy as hell shifting gears and slinging hooks. 

Looks like an awesome set of drivers brother. That a component set or coax design ??? 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

Same with me. It's an sq build like mine. Nobody cares of it doesn't do 60s and floats bricks

I agree, i think they are intimidated! ha ha From first hand experience anyone can throw a system together to get loud( My 03 Lancer) but shooting for something totally different in SQ is another animal all together. I love having both but the SQ challenge is more rewording IMO. 

9 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

I agree, i think they are intimidated! ha ha From first hand experience anyone can throw a system together to get loud( My 03 Lancer) but shooting for something totally different in SQ is another animal all together. I love having both but the SQ challenge is more rewording IMO. 

I can respect and enjoy a floating brick or sound as light as a feather, but I'm beginning to notice it takes alot more foresight and finesse to brave an SQ setup. I love all things audio, but as I read and learn more about "real SQ", I can see it takes alot more to do right than what most are capable of. 

30 minutes ago, Epic said:

I can respect and enjoy a floating brick or sound as light as a feather, but I'm beginning to notice it takes alot more foresight and finesse to brave an SQ setup. I love all things audio, but as I read and learn more about "real SQ", I can see it takes alot more to do right than what most are capable of. 

Anyone is capable of doing it.  It just takes more thinking (in my opinion)

You have to think about your plan to attack the SQ project. I really only wanted to build it once so gutting it for $1500 worth of sound treatment made sense to me. The carpet and headliner in after being out for 6 months now and i won' t have time until mid November to get back to working on it. So the plan was to buy up everything i needed to be able to finish it this winter. Currently have $2200 in equipment to go in and need about  that same amount to finish up. Take about a year to build and forever to tune it LOL.

12 hours ago, White Lightning said:

My bad brother, I call myself scanning the site, but I’ve been busy as hell shifting gears and slinging hooks. 

Looks like an awesome set of drivers brother. That a component set or coax design ??? 

Component set Sir. I just hope they sound good. I will test later today. You have been commenting my builds since 2013 brother!  Going on 6 yrs. You have taught me alot in suggestions and watching what you have done. Thanks Brother! 

13 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

You have to think about your plan to attack the SQ project. I really only wanted to build it once so gutting it for $1500 worth of sound treatment made sense to me. The carpet and headliner in after being out for 6 months now and i won' t have time until mid November to get back to working on it. So the plan was to buy up everything i needed to be able to finish it this winter. Currently have $2200 in equipment to go in and need about  that same amount to finish up. Take about a year to build and forever to tune it LOL.

Tuning is easier if you stage everything first. Tuning isnt something that takes week. An hour maybe. But as long as you get the front staged correctly before anything it goes quick 

Archived