2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

spacer.pngPassenger aimed at driver.

spacer.png

driver side mainly at driver. I had to get the driver side hooked up and playing. Sound super good paired with the RF T3 6.5's in the doors. Best sounding front stage i have done or heard to date.

Thank for the phasing advise, i will keep that in mind when tune w/ the twk 88. Major piecs are coming together and i like it.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I’m sure it’s listed on this thread somewhere, but I’m too far off into tequila sunrisers to search. Sort of a relaxer for tomorrow’s Meca event. But what amplification setup we have planned for the front stage ???

A RF T400-4 for the Morels. (75x4) A RF T400-2 For the RF T3 6.5" in the doors. (150x2)

with a RF T1500 cp in a 12" T1 sub.

Don’t angle too hard “primary focus” on the driver, it will take a chance of narrowing the width of the sound stage. You have to have a compromise to keep the width to the outer reach of the mirrors. I have a secret tip for you depending on amplification setup ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The sound coming from the Morel drivers are spot on with the twt & woofer at the same position & distance. I am really happy with this purchase, good equipment is going to cost you more but it can be for  a reason sometimes.

1 minute ago, White Lightning said:

Don’t angle too hard “primary focus” on the driver, it will take a chance of narrowing the width of the sound stage. You have to have a compromise to keep the width to the outer reach of the mirrors. I have a secret tip for you depending on amplification setup ...

I think you have told me before and with my amp configuration i can't do it. I will play with speaker alignment more and get it off the driver some. 

2 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Totally agree with this. A 1 seat setup isnt always best. You can make both both sides symmetrical and still tune to 1 seat.  

I have my drivers side aimed at the passenger and the passenger side aimed at the driver.  This way it "looks correct" but also when tuning you can actually have a fake center channel like this without actually having one 

6 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

A RF T400-4 for the Morels. (75x4) A RF T400-2 For the RF T3 6.5" in the doors. (150x2)

with a RF T1500 cp in a 12" T1 sub.

Oh, forgot you guys like 4 channels ... lol

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

2 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Totally agree with this. A 1 seat setup isnt always best. You can make both both sides symmetrical and still tune to 1 seat.  

I have my drivers side aimed at the passenger and the passenger side aimed at the driver.  This way it "looks correct" but also when tuning you can actually have a fake center channel like this without actually having one 

Abso fucking lutely

did I spell that wrong or is spell checker fucking with me ??? Lol

15 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I am really happy with this purchase, good equipment is going to cost you more but it can be for  a reason sometimes.

You got to pay to play my brother. Been saying this for years. 

Hard life being an Audiophile. 

9 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

You got to pay to play my brother. Been saying this for years. 

Hard life being an Audiophile. 

Totally agreed. I went into this saying "2 way active with stock locations. $2500 budget"  here I am 6 months later about 8 grand into it. And not quite done spending money with 3 way custom pillars and all sorts of crap

Archived