2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

I played some Pink Floyd this morning and it sounded amazingly clear. I re-positioned driver mid & tweeter to a more center of roof location and it still sounded great. Almost like having headphones on kinda clear and crisp. I am totally stoked about putting some real power to the front stage to see how dynamic and powerful it will sound. Plus the ability the tune w/ the JL Twk 88. Right now everything is running off a $69 Pioneer HU on a flat audio settings. 

I bought $100 worth of SMD analog fuse holder, and a ground bus bar. should be here by the end of the week. I need a SMD V-1, and two SMD double fuse holders. Every week just buy some shit up. 17 weeks of work left and then time to start installing everything so it will be done in the spring.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

Clear doesn't have much to do with it. Anything can sound clear. Its more of blending and timbre. Natural sounding and response 

OK then thats what it is! How i would i know since i only have my own builds i have heard. All i know is it just keeps getting better.

When i move to the states in a couple years i will enter in a mecha competition to find out its strength and weakness. 

Thanks for the imput. 

35 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

OK then thats what it is! How i would i know since i only have my own builds i have heard. All i know is it just keeps getting better.

When i move to the states in a couple years i will enter in a mecha competition to find out its strength and weakness. 

Thanks for the imput. 

Ger yourself an rta.  That will help a lot

I wish you could hear a few sq cars, but honestly, you’re on the right track. Keep on trucking ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

13 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I wish you could hear a few sq cars, but honestly, you’re on the right track. Keep on trucking ... 

thanks brother. i will struggle thru until i am ready for tuning advise. 

I wish I could hear a SQ vehicle just to see the difference from what I’m running. I think my shit sounds good .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

42 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I wish I could hear a SQ vehicle just to see the difference from what I’m running. I think my shit sounds good .

I am sure it does to you. There is a certain pride taken when building something for your self. I built the Lancer to be loud and sound good doing it. I believe i achieved that goal and i am really happy from what i learned to apply to the next one. When i put the system in the Malibu for the wife when she owned it i knew right away this car could have  a amazing system in it if i put my mind to it. A year later and this is what it looks like.

spacer.pngBut i have a plan and in 17 weeks i will have a complete trunk full of equipment to get started.  Just killing time doing that work thing! ha

7-18-19 Update.

Starting to buy up electrical goodies. Nothing to exciting.

spacer.png

I have this fuse block and ground distribution block in the Lancer and really like how functional it is and how good it looks doing it. Some good cutters and SHCA labeled heat shrink tubing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I need a couple dual analog fuse holders for front battery to rear battery. 40-50 feet of 0 gauge, but most importantly a good design or plan on trunk electrical set up. I want to keep it  more stealth looking. I will think about it when it come time. Works kicking my ass! Sucks getting older. 

spacer.png

This is how i did the Lancer knowing i wasn't going to use the trunk. For the Malibu i want all electrical in the spare tire well.  

Archived