2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

This weeks material's came in today:

spacer.png

But first, while i had everything out i want to play with placement of the Limitless Lithium Battery.

spacer.png

Low profile battery will make it easy to run wires. I will make a panel lid using trunk carpet as a template. I did the same thing with the Lancer and then cut it into 2 pieces. One for the sub enclosure to sit on & mount too. The other 2/3 panel for access & looks.

spacer.png

This turned into....

spacer.png

THIS. 2 boxes of Luxury liner Pro. Damn this shit is thick and heavy!  So my thoughts are to use the really good shit up front on doors, A-pillar panel & B-pillar panel. Then use the OverKill CCF For rear doors & panels.  I would like another box of sound deadening, SoundSkins roll and i think that would cover most of what i need to finish the insulating and sound proofing. The Luxery liner pro was $150 on amazon. But well worth it!

spacer.png

I need some ABS to work this for mounting of equipment. These are 1/16" x 12" x 12", 1/8" x 12" x 12".

spacer.png

I bought this first. HDEP 1/4" x 12" x 24", and then i thought i need a variety of thickness's to work with. Shit is cheap but really glad i have it on hand.

spacer.png

Relays for amps, back up camera and maybe some lighting but probable not. These are a bit overkill being water proof & 12 gauge but this is what i ended up ordering.

Need  nice Loom for interior and exterior. misc hardware & 100 other this that will pop up that i can't think of right now. lol  

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spacer.png

I bought some 3/4" square aluminum tubing to make spacers to mount under the two RF 500-4 amps,  i need to swap out the Power amps in the Lancer for the Malibu build.

spacer.png

I got everything cut but ran out of time so hopefully next weekend i can pull the seats and amps out of the Lancer.

spacer.png

Spent a few hours cleaning the garage to move the Malibu over.

spacer.png

Cleanest its been in awhile. I will have to get the studded tires out real soon.

spacer.png

Raining outside. Temperatures are dipping down into the mid 20's at night and we still have 3-4 weeks of work left to finish this job before winter hits and we are shut down.

spacer.png

Nice to have them both inside. Ordered some of the last things i think i will need for this build... i think.... ya right! lol 

spacer.png

This weeks goodies... Loom!

spacer.png

New relays. i like them better.

spacer.png

Comparison.

spacer.png

I like that the plug's attach to one another. It was a 6 pack. I think i will make 2 options and see which one i like better.

spacer.png

This 6 input power fuse box will run the relays. All mounted on ABS or HDEP.

spacer.png

Decent kit, has labels, fuses, mounting screws. I got a box of 30 amp fuses.

spacer.png

spacer.png

More wire...

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks goodies! Items are getting fewer now.

spacer.png

Another 10 sq ft of Second skin damplifier pro. Two boxes should be enough for rear doors & trunk.

spacer.png

Sky High Multi - color 4 wire. 

spacer.png

Quality wire, OFC and very flexible, a couple 10' runs should come in handy.

spacer.png

New plugs. Next weeks delivery is engine tune up parts. Couple weeks of work left, snows all the way down the mountains and it 25 degrees in the morning. I hate this time of year to work in!

spacer.png

Plug-in connectors, micro fuses & 0 gauge wire mounts.

spacer.png

More tune up parts. Fluids & filters next.

spacer.png

I am happy with this purchase, hopefully this takes the sluggishness out from added extra weight. More performance mods in the future.

Last week of work coming up. rest and start doing the honey do list with some car audio thrown in here & there. 

Install some gear already !!!

Keep the pics coming brother man !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Install some gear already !!!

Keep the pics coming brother man !!!

I will... let me finish the season! lol

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

I need those cable holders but in 4awg

I don't know if they make they that size, i should look cause come to think of it i need some too.

Archived