2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this pic a minute ago and had to repost it just to show some people the pile of equipment that goes into small builds like mine.  Imagine the pallet size load or two of equipment on these  big builds.

spacer.png

Since this pic a couple months ago i have bought a least $500 more.  It seems like the list of items you need never ends but to be fair i didn't not have a clear plan of install until the time came. The time is now & i have a better idea how to attack it. Remember 95% of the deadening material is installed in the car, rear deck speakers are installed, front doors too.  Sub and enclosure are being reused.  It is mind blowing how much shit there is.  Remember that i am in Alaska where i can't just hop down the road to get something,  shit takes a week to get here from the states.  So i like to have more than i need w/ options.

It’s crazy the time and money taken to do an install, when I ran a 2nd set of components in my front doors,  I had to run all new wiring through the door connectors that ment removing my doors  plus all new amp wiring to a new amp in the back of my truck to both front doors, shit takes so much time but in the end when you can hear the difference it makes it all worth it. You have have a great build going I just can’t believe your able to take your time I’m crazy about things and can’t sleep till there done .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

18 minutes ago, bsneon98 said:

looking great man. even though your staying warmer than I am right now how else do you stay warm in the garage out there? 

HUH?  "how else do i stay warm in the garage out there?"

14 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

It’s crazy the time and money taken to do an install, when I ran a 2nd set of components in my front doors,  I had to run all new wiring through the door connectors that ment removing my doors  plus all new amp wiring to a new amp in the back of my truck to both front doors, shit takes so much time but in the end when you can hear the difference it makes it all worth it. You have hav3 a great build going I just can’t believe your able to take your time I’m crazy about things and can’t sleep till there done .

Thanks,  I was like that with Lancer build,  would work on a upgrade for  days getting little to no sleep.  I use to be able to work like that but anymore at 48 yr old & having a garage... It will waite and this build is special to me so i don't want to rush steps or do shitty work just to have progress done.  Besides buying up 8K worth if shit in the last 9 months i have been researching, studying on how to make this build the best i can without dumping a ton more into equipment.  Right now wire management and routing are on my mind the most.  I really don't to forget anything and have to add on later.  I even plan to set up a couple extra relays and have a run or two head up to the dash for down the road.  Its just that kinda shit that i am thinking and planning thru.

4 minutes ago, bsneon98 said:

besides natural heat, like space heater? didnt think that was a odd question.... my bad. 

I have a nature gas gararge heater (hotdog unit) plus the furnace and hot water heater are on a platform in the corner of the garage.  Warm today. high 30's.  We had a few weeks close to 0 degress or colder.  I didn't want a huge gas bill during the colder months.  Because even though we have enough nature gas to build a pipeline to the state we still pay super high prices for nature gas!  I am sure way more than the northern states. 

How’s the hotdog heater been looking at those for 2 years now , sick of using my propane torpedo that shit loves propane.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived