2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

spacer.png

I mocked up the battery tray area.

spacer.png

Nice fitment and styling.

spacer.png

I am thinking 2 1/2" bolts will work, and black to blend in. ? we will see what i find when the time comes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updates on trunk lid sound deadening:

spacer.png

received my damplifier   last week.

spacer.png

I finished the inside of the lid everywhere i could reach.

spacer.png

installed  here for for mass.

spacer.png

inside where i could reach.

spacer.png

Making template for new product of sound shield to cover trunk panel.

spacer.png

Now to cut it out and apply to sound shield.  I will fill holes in lid with acoustic foam to help with deadening before covering.

spacer.png

I filled these holes with luxury liner pro.  The oval holes took 2 layers.  I will put some inside the trunk next time i work on it.

spacer.png

Made the SoundShield cover for the trunk lid.

spacer.png

The wife turned the Jeep in for a 2015 C300.  payments went from $640 to $385. 

spacer.png

Nicely styled car.

spacer.png

spacer.png

She is in love with this car.  250 hp turbo 2.0 gets up and goes.

Now for the interior & audio.

spacer.png

Floating screen. The interface with the car and its systems is badass.

spacer.png

the Burmester system.

spacer.png

3.5" mid & 1" twt in the front doors.

spacer.png

Same in the rear doors.

spacer.png

4" drivers under the dash on each side.

spacer.png6" mid-subs in the fire wall on each side. 1 4" in the dash & 1 4" in the rear deck for surround sound.

spacer.png

And i found this wiring in the trunk.  I think it might be RF plug in play system but not sure.  I think i know who did the work and will be easy to ask the shop. so maybe some subs in the future since it hear all ready.

Once i tuned the system it is the best stock system i have ever heard but thats not saying much.  Really nice car and i am glad she is happy with it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Trying to get trunk lid work done so i can move on to the battery tray.

spacer.png

It was the right time to pop the side markers out to tint and put LEDs in.  These were a pain in the ass to get out.

spacer.png

Cleaned up and prepped to tint.

spacer.png

spacer.png

A bit more sound treatment to the trunk lid and then i can start putting it all back together.  Boring update but its something.  I have the rest of the week off so i will get more done.

I work on a lot of different cars and though I love U can’t say anything positive about your  Malibu,  accept I make a lot of money on them but the C300 is a good car and I don’t say that a lot . I would choose Mercedes over BMW anytime. My go to cars are Ford, Kia , Hyundai, and Toyota and that’s it I know it ant much but been a Master Tech  for over 10yrs and I know what I see . When 

I  get a GM I know it’s payday. There so basic and it’s just to easy sometimes I feel bad but U bought it not me. I know that Malibu is taken care of keep it up should be good. My mother in law drives an 09 Malibu I’ve done a lot of work to it but not what they normally need in big work because I put good oil in it they can be good cars .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

The wife bought it new in 2012, paid it off a few years ago and gave it to me. Has 50K on it with good servicing throughout its life.  Its just a project car,  if it takes a shit oh well.  This Benz is bad ass, the only downfall i see is it teeny tiny 15 gallon tank that will need to be filled weekly. $42 now but when fuel goes up and it will, probably closer to $60.  She loves it thought and that's what matters.

Thanks for chiming in.

spacer.png

Side markers with led's in them.

spacer.png

Lenses installed.  I am happy with how these turned out.

spacer.png

Trunk lenses with reverse light installed.  Bow Tie needs some love but that's later.

spacer.png

One piece of Soundshield installed.  Factory wiring  Tesa taped up and Led's for reverse light's.  It wasn't easy by myself and tried to make it as even and nice as possible.  Far from perfect, good thing it gets covered up.

spacer.png

Factory lid panel back on. Been a few weeks since i took it off.  There is a possibility i won't go back to work until after July forth, which would be great for getting some progress made.

spacer.png

Back up camera and wiring so i can start filling that space at the bottom.  Everything is really close just need the time.

spacer.png

Tail lights are next to be tinted & installed.

More work tomorrow....

spacer.png

I was able to get the tail lights tinted Friday.

spacer.png

Temp mounted. Turned out good imo.

spacer.png

With the Black framed back up camera and smoked lens the rear end should look nice.

spacer.png

I installed tail lights and temp mounted the licence plate back up camera.  I am a dumb shit and didn't renew the tags today so i could button it up.  Next week i guess.

spacer.png

I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.  Rear end will look killer imo.

Happy 4th SMD. 

• 3 months later...

IMG_2530.thumb.JPG.b2de6ae1520aa49b9928cb454aea4473.JPG

work on the Malibu begins.2020 has sucked a dick! shitty work season, it took all i had to keep my marriage together and now to put the car back together. It bugs the shit out of my wife, and she wants to park the Benz in the Garage. These are the dash board end panels. I need to do research and find out how to deaden it the best i can while in the car.

IMG_2531.thumb.JPG.2ab45efda5f8014d45c53d458a5d181d.JPG

Some kind of deadening.  ?

IMG_2532.thumb.JPG.83ebd00178c2e0d7857de663045b8ebf.JPG

I will foam the back of these.

IMG_2533.thumb.JPG.bedbd57eaf5bc58884a862af75436365.JPG

I had to restack the shit in garage to be able to work on it again.  Garage went to shit over the summer, speant the last 3 days cleaning it up.

IMG_2534.thumb.JPG.fc6a274b3cd0357a464ae3b5e6271b4c.JPG

Ready to work on tomorrow.

IMG_2535.thumb.JPG.07c488f9e11c60bd300ac8a701172241.JPG

This will get some more treatment.

IMG_2536.thumb.JPG.1c2d59fc2a3c9ee9ba557f77c377c595.JPG

panel name cracks me up.

More real work to come.

Archived