2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_2565

Wire loom, grommet seal and nut. Industrial heat shrink.

IMG_2570

One done.

IMG_2576

Both are tightened down solid.  Heat shrink, lugs, bolts & frame have 5 coats of clear coat on them.

IMG_2578

Beginning of power and ground layout.  

IMG_2601

mocking up bottom power and negative runs.

IMG_2602

another view.

IMG_2604

Base of amp rack.  Needs to be cut in half to fit with all the other factory panels in.

IMG_2605

Placing equipment so i can measure where i want to cut base board in half. I think in the future i will be putting some powerful Zapco amps in. My new hydraulic crimper comes in sometime this week. So that gives me a chance to to get most everything mocked up. 

Did Very Little today. Having a tough time getting into it.  My wife got her own place and will be moving out, only thing keeping me from loosing it is this this car.  It would be a bitch for someone else to put back together.

IMG_2608

Template 

IMG_2612

These are center console panels. The bottom one has fuse diagram on it so i will put something over it w/ velco to make it removable.  Label it too.

Try to get something done tomorrow.

1 minute ago, bcbrassard said:

Did Very Little today. Having a tough time getting into it.  My wife got her own place and will be moving out, only thing keeping me from loosing it is this this car.  It would be a bitch for someone else to put back together.

IMG_2608

Template 

IMG_2612

These are center console panels. The bottom one has fuse diagram on it so i will put something over it w/ velco to make it removable.  Label it too.

Try to get something done tomorrow.

Dude, that's tough! I'm sorry to see that. Don't even know what to say but sorry

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

thanks, when she moves out i will pour myself into it to get thru it.  The hobby had a bit to do with it.  I took it a bit to far at times.

14 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

thanks, when she moves out i will pour myself into it to get thru it.  The hobby had a bit to do with it.  I took it a bit to far at times.

Unfortunately, I’m there 100% as well. Twin turboed Cummins, turboed hayabusa, system in this truck... many hours in the garage when I should’ve been inside. Sorry to hear brother

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

2 hours ago, JakeW said:

Unfortunately, I’m there 100% as well. Twin turboed Cummins, turboed hayabusa, system in this truck... many hours in the garage when I should’ve been inside. Sorry to hear brother

Thanks man, the $ was the issue as well as the time away.  I went thru a mid life crisis that took its toll over the last 2 years.  Way better and been for 7 months.  Just doesn't want to live with me right now. which i can only imagine how it will turn out.

Archived