2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

IMG_2740

Much better,  I am working with limited wire at this point but found a longer piece to change the flow.  Much happier with this look, it's funny because i never know exactly what i am doing until i do or re-run the wire to something better. 

IMG_2745

The ferrules work really well, and leave  a nice clean look.  Nothing like when i started on the Lancer years ago.  And it doesn't take much time to crimp, loom and heat shrink.

IMG_2747

Before i bought a crimper years ago i had to rely on how they came.  Now i re-crimp it or cut it off.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Thanksgiving SMD members.  Progress over the last few days.

IMG_2754

Back Up camera into the trunk on the left side meeting up with reverse trigger.  All loomed up with heat shrink.

IMG_2757

Playing with more Power options for the future.  I see amp and DSP upgrades in the next years.

IMG_2764

Finished product minus the Rockford cover on the distribution block.

IMG_2767.JPG?width=450&height=278&fit=bo

So this is a Stinger dual 0 awg input to 4 4 awg outputs.  I tried to tint the plastic so it would match the others a bit better.

IMG_2770

Turned out way to dark, i might put a single small LED in the middle for backlighting. We will see when i get there.

IMG_2771

This is the general area it will be in.  Most likely mounted to the floor.

IMG_2780

More like this.  Carpet panels will make this space tighter when they go in.

IMG_2774

Trying to find power and negative run options to get them where they need to be.

IMG_2783

I was excited to get this out to use....

IMG_2784

Label maker.... 

IMG_2793

Twk interface cable.  These long runs take time to loom up and finish but oh so worth it imo.

IMG_2799

Midbass knob... because all music isn't the same.

IMG_2801

All wiring will look like this when finished.

IMG_2805

With th JL remote i can switch pre sets, us as a master volume and control the bass.

IMG_2812

Making the best of the holidays.  Wife and i cooked dinner side by side for the first time and this weekend we are setting up for Christmas.  Alaska is going into a 30 hunker down starting Tuesday thru to new year.  700+ new cases yesterday.  I will have time to work on the car thru this and keep it cheery for the holidays. 

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Glad to see that she is back and I’m super happy for you dude! After this build, chill out on car audio. For real dude. It’ll help your relationship.

The apartment she rented fell thru so she is here until after the holidays. After that is anyone's guess. I do everything for her and only work on it when she is not here.  Plus she hates i tore the car apart and wants it back together so i can enjoy it.  Really the Lancers a piece of shit, great for work when dirty but other than that i would definitely like something nicer to drive. But ya no more car audio for awhile.  I was dreaming of some Zapco amps & a DSP with tons of overhead power.  And a new sub, something geared for SQ a bit better.  

holy crap man youve been busy and keeping it super as always! Sorry to hear about the issues your having but sometimes its what gets you through! crazy that the jeep was more expensive than the benz, theyre not worth what people are paying now a days. 

happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

18 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

The apartment she rented fell thru so she is here until after the holidays. After that is anyone's guess. I do everything for her and only work on it when she is not here.  Plus she hates i tore the car apart and wants it back together so i can enjoy it.  Really the Lancers a piece of shit, great for work when dirty but other than that i would definitely like something nicer to drive. But ya no more car audio for awhile.  I was dreaming of some Zapco amps & a DSP with tons of overhead power.  And a new sub, something geared for SQ a bit better.  

I know paying attention so much to car audio can make a girl feel like second best and somewhat unloved at times. But what did you do besides car audio? I’m sorry for prying, but maybe we can help because we been through some things too and I want to know more so I can help you or at least so you can get it off you chest and vent. And about that zapco fantasy, I’ve had that same expensive zapco fantasy too. No exaggeration. I about bought an expensive 1400 rms zapco amp. I’ve been wanting to ask but didn’t wanna seem lazy for not reading and finding out, but what amps and speakers and subwoofers setup are you doing now? I would find out but this is a 60 page thread and I’m kinda lazy. I admit it.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

17 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

holy crap man youve been busy and keeping it super as always! Sorry to hear about the issues your having but sometimes its what gets you through! crazy that the jeep was more expensive than the benz, theyre not worth what people are paying now a days. 

17 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

I have 3 Rockford Fosgate power series amps going in. T400-4 midrange & highs. T400-2 mid bass and a T1500.1

Morel tweeter and midrange for A-pillars.

RF T3 6.5" midbass driver.

RF T1 D2 12" bass driver. 

As for the home life it does feel good to get along and be in the now together.

Got lights up on the house.  I had to trade hanging for wiring prep.  lol

IMG_2818

Straight ass lights, but not perfect.

IMG_2832

I have been working on them. Led, front stage speakers wires and a few more to go.  Once there done running them should be pretty quick! ha ha

IMG_2815 

And getting ready to throw a bunch of decorations up.

More wires tomorrow. Oh went black Friday shopping and what a joke!  Nothing good was left to put out since everyone bought the shit up on line.  I grew up in the late 70's early 80's .... boy those where great times!!!!

Archived