2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Nicely done dude. Damn. You got a ton more go, than i do. 

Also, on a note,.... i also, some time back, did the thing. 20 years of marriage,.. and then, done. Shit got a little weird. But, stay up, stay at it, and keep swinging. I know, those late nights, can get ..... well,.. odd. Just dont spend to much time, talking to shadows. I get it dude. Trust me. 

That said, when your on your feet some, get another dog. Im a HUGE doggo person, and i WILL NOT, walk a day on this earth, with out a dog by my side.... period. Also, super lame, but, time, will help heal. I didnt even know how to even speak, to another woman, but bro, I PROMISE you, it will get better. Keep working on your rig, or whatever to kinda stay busy. ( i got into records.,,.. yes, the round things lol)  Just keep getting the fuck up, everyday, and keep swinging dude. Just keep swinging. 

Great work by the way. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on here much but love seeing your updates, stay strong I feel for you , sometimes shit doesn’t work out it’s sad but I’ve told my wife both agreed we would never get married again, we both love each other but marriage is tuff people just stay true to themselves, it’s hard to change and if your loved one doesn’t see it or won’t change themselves it makes life hard. My wife is like a dude I can tell her anything and it’s like a guy responding that’s why I love her. I got lucky but she still doesn’t understand the car audio addiction but she deals with it.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Hey thanks for all the love guys. Much appreciated. Life  is going better, last weekend was hard but not so much this weekend. It will all work out.  My goal was to get the malibu running before my wife got back from Hawaii. She went for 9 days and i am watching the step son.

Interior pieces going in soon.

Updates coming soon  

Yesterday updates:

IMG_3167.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Working on center console electrical, and everything else up front.

IMG_3169.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

wire management for putting panels back on.

IMG_3170.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Clean ass channel if you ask me lol

IMG_3171.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

First panel to go back in for a long time now. 

IMG_3175.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cleaning up wiring for center console to go in.

IMG_3176.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Another look under dash.

IMG_3180.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Console in but not mounted. I was getting froggy and forgot carpet on passenger side. 

IMG_3183.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

the cabin is going to start getting real small soon.

Yesterdays Updates:

IMG_3186.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Bought a product to protect and shine.  First product was a cleaner.

IMG_3188.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

After a hour and half i got both doors and pillar panel.  Console not done.  Clean this shit up good as it goes back in.

IMG_3194.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I love this look, i came up with spotlighting the sub or light at the bottom for illumination.

IMG_3195.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Here i have cut a piece of CCF for the console to help with road noise.

IMG_3197.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I cut it the same size as the panel. Removed front bolt to get CCF in place and bolted it back together.

IMG_3199.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hopefully driver seat in today so i can mount remote knobs and switch.

Todays Update:  Center console is done, front seat and cover in. Remote knob layout done.  Tomorrow,  knobs and pass seat done.

IMG_3201.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

products i am using.

IMG_3206.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Hell ya been 2 years since this seat has been in. 

IMG_3207.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Stupid small shit one forgets.  Installed this 3 times. Mainly tired now. every 2 hours i stop and walk the dogs, snack , ect.  Car could be running soon.

On 2/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, Ron36 said:

Not on here much but love seeing your updates, stay strong I feel for you , sometimes shit doesn’t work out it’s sad but I’ve told my wife both agreed we would never get married again, we both love each other but marriage is tuff people just stay true to themselves, it’s hard to change and if your loved one doesn’t see it or won’t change themselves it makes life hard. My wife is like a dude I can tell her anything and it’s like a guy responding that’s why I love her. I got lucky but she still doesn’t understand the car audio addiction but she deals with it.

My wife is and always has been my best friend. I dont understand exactly what she is going thru but I know my mid life crisis was bad. Something in side you changes, belief, maturity,  spirituality, physically,  mentally.  Fucks with you. I will be the second to know how it all plays out if I am lucky! Lol

Great work dude. Seeing the seat back in,.. had to give ya a killer vibe. Good shit mate. Good shit. 

(Love that lighting, by the way, i did something similar, 4 rgb straps, that i can control on my phone, i have em hookes to a key'd on switch, so, they can come on at start, or, whenever the key is on via switch/button. They do have a neat lil feature in the app, that makes the lights "dance" to the beat. Anyway, good shit my guy)

Yesterdays Progress:

IMG_3208.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I started working on remote knob installation.

IMG_3209.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And this is what i ended up with. A very functional but ugly arrangement.  There just wasn't the time or place for a better solution so this will have to do.  I will look at ordering a new GM piece this spring for when i sell the car down to road if ever! lol

IMG_3211.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Another look.

IMG_3212.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had to modify the sound deadening to have panel fit properly and i put a strip of velcro on the bottom to help it adhere to the carpet. 

IMG_3217.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cleaned and back on.

IMG_3216.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cleaned up the floor vents and under the dash.

IMG_3215.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Leds on!  Pretty happy with how this all turned out for winging it, lol

IMG_3219.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Driver side received the same attention for fitment. 

IMG_3220.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I really tried to sound deaden this area as much as possible.  Everything close to ear shot got extra attention. I am sure areas will need addressed down the road. 

Dash and rear deck are the goals for today.  Leaving passenger seat out until last for more room to work up front. 

Yesterdays updates:

IMG_3222.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Still working on wiring. HU harness mainly and all cables to and from HU.

IMG_3224.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Just mocking up dash to see how it looks.

IMG_3228.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Cut that piece out for more room to manage wiring.

IMG_3226.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

IMG_3229.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

IMG_3231.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Pac interface all done.

IMG_3233.JPG

Few more cables to run, then work on rear deck and start charging battery for a test run in the next couple of days.

Really bummed today with it being V-day and my anniversary tomorrow so i hope to plow thru the next couple days and feel better by mid week. 

ALONE sucks, i married to have a life partner and she left me. Left me alone, forget our commitment to each other and god. She just fuckin left me. And can't even imagine how she could do that. 

Archived