2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

man i cant get over how clean everything is coming out. I love it. alot. lol. yes being alone sucks, a mind does crazy shit when your in a bad spot, going through some shit so i know where your coming from. Cannot wait to see whats next as always, your feeding my motivation to get back into it

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:  After a week of not looking at it, & -1 with wind chilly i decided not to go anywhere this weekend.

IMG_3235.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I can keep the Malibu slide over and pull the Lancer out to work on it.

IMG_3237.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Parts rooms are a mess so i cleaned basement first.

IMG_3238.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Not too bad but i had to clean it up.  Haven't touched downstairs in 2 weeks.

IMG_3244.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Much better.

IMG_3243.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Haven't seen this  for awhile.  I pulled all the equipment out to start putting factory panels in tomorrow.

IMG_3247.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Installed passenger seat, kick panel, console panel & dash end panel.  Kona loves sitting in the car now. lol

IMG_3249.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I like it.

IMG_3251.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It feels good to have something done after struggling for months.  Feeling better about my situation and going to get these projects done so when spring and the work season start i can get out and start dating or at the least fuckin.  99.5% sure our marriage is over.  Won't do that again! lol

IMG_3253.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Rear Deck Dash Pad installed.  Now to slide the sub around to get the roof and 2 side panels back in.  Then the sub can be mounted to the body.

More tomorrow!

On 2/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, bsneon98 said:

man i cant get over how clean everything is coming out. I love it. alot. lol. yes being alone sucks, a mind does crazy shit when your in a bad spot, going through some shit so i know where your coming from. Cannot wait to see whats next as always, your feeding my motivation to get back into it

Thanks man! Didn't see you had commented, i hope your shit is better than mine. lol I am way better than i was last sunday when i found out my wife went to Maui with her lover over V Day and the next day was our anniversary.  She lied and said she was going with friends. Oh well.

Ya i have to get this done for me. The Lancer has a bad lifter so really babying it and just need to get the Malibu at least driving with rear fill playing while i finish the trunk.  No tunes what suck a dick so thats the goal, 

10 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks man! Didn't see you had commented, i hope your shit is better than mine. lol I am way better than i was last sunday when i found out my wife went to Maui with her lover over V Day and the next day was our anniversary.  She lied and said she was going with friends. Oh well.

Ya i have to get this done for me. The Lancer has a bad lifter so really babying it and just need to get the Malibu at least driving with rear fill playing while i finish the trunk.  No tunes what suck a dick so thats the goal, 

it is better but still sucks. work related so thankfully its not relationship shit. but funny note about hawaii when I was in hs still we had a band trip to oahu and went thinking I was going to get back with the girl i was seeing at the time, turns out she started dating one of the guys i was rooming with lol. also now engaged with a kid so not upset it didnt work out. 

but enough of that garbage keep on keeping on man. lifes a garden. dig it!

I feel for you, me and my wife both agreed we would never get married again because it’s hard . I’m an asshole and she knows it but she’s the boss and can control me pretty good. I need a baby sitter. Your progress is slow but that’s what I like about your build my A D D wouldn’t allow me to take my time . Keep it up and stay positive. 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

3 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I feel for you, me and my wife both agreed we would never get married again because it’s hard . I’m an asshole and she knows it but she’s the boss and can control me pretty good. I need a baby sitter. Your progress is slow but that’s what I like about your build my A D D wouldn’t allow me to take my time . Keep it up and stay positive. 

Thanks man. You have shared some of that before and I have thought of it ever since. Honoring what we had to not marry again. It is sad my wife stopped trying, she knows she ran and feels horrible. I forgive her and am here for her. It's all can do beside move on.

The build will gain momentum,  remember this was kinda supposed to be my retirement project. Lol  I am acting like it. Ha ha  thanks again man!

Good progress tonight.

IMG_3256.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Trunk roof panel.

IMG_3258.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Slid sub back to get panels in. 

IMG_3266.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

By sliding the sub around to get side panels in i didn't have to pull it.

IMG_3269.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

With it in place i took measurements to cut a piece of Second skin Pro to cover the floor.  And i drilled holes to mount sub.

IMG_3271.JPG

This shit is thick stuff. 

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Not sure if was needed but it's in now.

IMG_3277.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

IMG_3278.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

IMG_3280.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

God that feels good to have that done. Been a long time coming.

IMG_3281.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I will use Velcro around the top edge to get it as close to the enclosure as i can.

IMG_3283.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And Fuck ya that feels good to have in.  Good days work, string a few more of those together and i can finish the rear seats, install HU, charge battery's to fire car up.  driving it by next weekend... possible.  Right to the car was to run thru a couple times. and to fill up with some good gas.

IMG_3284.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

IMG_3285.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I put the back corner panels in.

IMG_3287.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Wires have loom on them and the Damp Pro is Velcro around the edges.

IMG_3288.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Rear Seat Frame and belts installed.

IMG_3289.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

That is as far as i will go with the rear seat assembly to be able to get to the wires just in case. 

WOW what a leap from where i was last week. I love it, work on HU and dash install tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

IMG_3284.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

IMG_3285.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I put the back corner panels in.

IMG_3287.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Wires have loom on them and the Damp Pro is Velcro around the edges.

IMG_3288.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Rear Seat Frame and belts installed.

IMG_3289.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

That is as far as i will go with the rear seat assembly to be able to get to the wires just in case. 

WOW what a leap from where i was last week. I love it, work on HU and dash install tomorrow.

Not economical, but that sub and box look sexy sitting there, I'd have to question myself if I'd want the backseat back lol. Looking good as always! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived