2012 Malibu system upgrades: wiring & prep.

Sorry I been out the loop for a while, on SMD period, but man very nice attention to detail.. i'm sure the midbass and midrange is very clean with all the work you put in!! Good shit bro!!

Thanks man, Ya midbass is clean and tight now. Sorry to hear about your build and downsizing due to issues. Any progresss with your system or are you done? Thanks for posting and Happy Holidays.

Nice!! I know it made a world of a difference... And I'm actually doing the exact opposite, I'm upgrading lol I have my Northstar SMS220 on the Fedex truck and probaby around my birthday in march upgrade my soundqubed hds210s to Fi SSDs.. I'll be revising my build with the same equipment, so I'll be building a battery and amp rack to fit all my equipment in my spare tire well for a SUPER clean trunk... basically, no equipment will be visible except the subs and enclosure, no wires or nothing will be seen when the trunk is open or when my seats are folded down!! Also going to redo the body work on my doors and possibly paint them to color match instead of the vinyl!! (that part is in the air).. And thank you, Happy holidays to you too!!

Right on man, glad to hear you still working on the system. Upgrades and stealth look will be sweet. I will be tuned in for the rebuild. I dont know how to vinyl thats why with the Lancer i was doing finish work on the panels and texturing them with color match to interior, You better post pics of equipment when it comes. Have a good one man.

• 3 weeks later...

So headlight burned out in Malibu. Most vehicles not a big deal. GM decided taking the whole front end off to get to lights would be a good revenue for replacement parts or something. It was nice of the dealer that worked on it last lost or broke 1/4 of the fasteners and never bothered to fix it right. Piss me off these guy work on stuff for a living and due half ass work. There has been 3 incidents at the same dealer that she bought it from.

Anyway i dont have the funds right now to put LEDs ing but i had some 4K Piaa i put in and they are better than stock. I will get a running light kit, LEDs and replace everything up front this fall. Dont need lights in the summer when it doesnt really get dark.

IMG_2465_zpszbhepkrx.jpg

IMG_2468_zpsypeivhly.jpg

IMG_2474_zpswgqyghje.jpg

Not blinding but better than stock for now. Should have was the car before i did the work.

I have to take my bumper cover off to get my headlight housings out, I feel your pain, but to change the bulb thats just stupid.

Its not a very good design IMO.

Washed the Malibu before working on it this time. I finished driver side door last night.

IMG_2475_zpsowuihaqc.jpg

Door stripped and cleaned.

IMG_2476_zpssbdi69td.jpg

Deadener applied throughout door.

IMG_2477_zpshgx2tigj.jpg

Acoustic foam over deadener.

IMG_2482_zps6fqq9poe.jpg

Put back together.IMG_2484_zpsxm9epzi4.jpg

And finished!

IMG_2485_zps16gprbbq.jpg

• 1 month later...

While in Hawaii i couldn't resist ordering the Focal 4" component set for the A-pillars so they will be here this week for me to start fabrication on. They where $250 but i think they will be so worth it.

71L50rR8WBL._SX450_.jpg

Nice! Interested to see how this will turn out, ive never glassed anything bigger than a tweeter in any pillar

Thanks, it should be interesting as well being my first A-pillars and the speakers are huge. Working on pattern now so i can play with placement. I bought the speaker grilles at the tune of an extra $30 and wish i hadnt cause i am not using them. This is why....

IMG_2575_zps97aqmlzd.jpg

Archived