Advice On 2-way Active Sound Quality Setup

Woofer Pressure

Hello, I would like some advice on an active 2-way front stage in my 2000 Acura Integra hatchback. I am basically looking for the cleanest most accurate sound possible while still on a budget. SPL doesn't matter and I'm looking strictly for sound quality.

I have room for 6.5 inch woofers in the doors but could probably fit 7 inch as well. Tweeters will be in custom fiberglass pods on the corners of the dashboard pointing towards me so pretty much any size will fit. The available amplifier power I have is 100x4 watts RMS at 4 ohms. Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-80PRS and all crossovers, eq, and time alignment will be handled by it. Budget for all four speakers is $300 max. I am mainly looking for raw drivers like those from Parts Express or Madisound but will consider component sets as well.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

My "go-to" budget, DIY, active suggestion is the Silver Flute woofers and Vifa xt25 tweeters. But you have plenty of choices.

Dayton RS180's are also very good.

Peerless

SB Acoustics

If you can fit the depth... the Anarchy is an absolute budget BEAST. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/anarchy-woofer/anarchy-4ohm.html

I don't think you can beat the Vifa ring radiators for tweeters since you have no size restriction and can get them on axis. They will also play low enough to mate with just about any woofer you choose.

Edit: since you're amenable to matched component sets... I have to toss in the Ampere Audio comps. I have them and they are lovely. They come in under budget too.

Sounds like you have everything covered.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If your not looking for spl, why active?

Why not just biamp a set a of comps?

because with active you can tune your setup for the best response.

which includes car/install+woofer+tweeter. As opposed to a passive setup which will most likely only account for a perfect scenario for the tweeter and woofer.

If your not looking for spl, why active?

Why not just biamp a set a of comps?

why run active if you want SPL? In my opinion active control is meant for SQ. you don't need to control your filters to be loud

I think it's funny how other know what op wants and why he wants it?

There are pros and cons to both side, the op needs to weigh up there pros and cons of there install and see what will work best in there situation

Hence asking questions to try and find it

I didn't say I know what OP wants. I want to know why you think he shouldn't run active if he isn't looking for SPL. That logic doesn't make sense to me at all.

Archived