• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is user error when a guy on YouTube uses the device for the first time and doesn't No anything about car audio and he tunes his first amp with no problem. I'm not saying that I cause or the device did it or that the amp was bad it happen, so I need to understand what happen so it doesn't happen again.

User error is just that a mistake they Happen sometimes. I can't possibly begin to list or describe them because I wasn't there. I wish I could help you I truly do but I don't have the ability to get the information to do so

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you followed the directions exactly that would mean you did everything right so that's not really going to help us figure out what went wrong.

Can you post pics of the install and write a rundown of the exact steps that you did and what tracks you used ?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Again no one knows what the you did. No one was standing there watching you. For all we know you arced the positive and negative terminals for the channel on the probe.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It could have just been the amp. Open it up and take pictures of the board (specifically any spots that look fried). Unless it's still under warranty, in which case get it warrantied. No one can tell you what happened without knowing exactly how it was hooked up and adjusted, etc. I know with my AQ 90x4 I just sent to SoundQubed to check out and touch up, the gain potentiometers are loose or something and with just the slightest wiggle or vibration (as caused by my subs) it will cause the channels to distort very audibly until they wiggle again and then it's back to normal until the next go around. Sometimes it's just the amp. I apologize for accusing you off the back of user error, but it just seemed like you were saying the DD-1 fried your amp.

If you're able to open the amp and look at the board(s) without breaking any seals and voiding any warranty, do it, take good pictures, and post them for people to look at, and the people who are familiar with the circuitry of amplifiers might be able to help figure out what happened.