Amp kept protecting when using DD-1, harness is dead

So I was using my DD-1 and every time I would put the + lead to the speaker terminal, the amp would protect. Couldn't figure it out, said what ever, will think about it. As my buddy looked at it, he noticed the wires, right where they come out from the top of the rca jack thingy mabob(lol). The wires where sticking out and frayed. I learned my lesson on how I store my tools from this, my question is now. Can I just go to radioshack and buy one of the connectors with a + and - lead coming out and just resolder, or do I need to get a new specific, proprietary lead made specifically for the DD-1.

20150528_184922_zpspkce3zbj.jpg

20150528_184931_zpsiqgafrfx.jpg

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Looks like you (somebody) pulled the wire to unplug it instead of grasping the rca body.

I pull it taught, then wrap around the device. Only thing I can figure to do that. I am the only one to ever handle it since I got it, and it wasn't like that when I got it.

You can get RCA connectors from radio shack.

That's what I was thinking

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

When you put it together fill it with epoxy or similar for stress relief

I stopped at a few radio shacks and neither of them anything that could help me with what I am looking for. Anyone know of anything online that I could buy to do what I am trying to do. Was thinking about heading over to fry's, but I am the opportunity to finally do the + wire from my alt to battery right now and wan't to do that instead. I am in no super big rush to fix this so I can wait for a shipment. Tony D. and Steve M., you guy's have a extra set I can buy from you guys?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150 STX SuperCab 5.0L V8 4x4

BIG 3: Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge OFC Power Amp Kit

Headunit: Stock (Leaving factory look)

Speakers: Stock

Subwoofer: Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 10" D2 wired down to 1 ohm

Enclosure: ~1.5 cubic feet tuned to ~34 Hz (Port Area ~24 inches)

Amplifier(s): Sundown Audio SAE1000.1D

Amp Power Kit: Knukonceptz Complete 4 Gauge OFC Amplifier Installation Kit

This guy, thanks a bunch!!! I actually just realized I can open up this RCA end. I am going to try and resolder it all. If all else fails I will grab one of these. Thank you very much dude.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm