Sundown Audio

Where's my amp repair people??

Mr DeeBeez

Most reputable places will be $125 plus shipping to get it fixed, such as db-r and amp medics. It's only a $250 amp so good idea on not sending it in. Same burn marks on my sae-1000d and I actually sent that in and am waiting to hear from them and once I do I'll let you know what parts those are. It blew because he turned the gain up? Or because of low voltage?

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

His voltage was good. 13.0 lowest full tilt on half ohm. Thinks it blew because volume was turned up, and he flipped the switch to turn on the amp and it popped as soon as he turned on the switch. I think it was just the sudden burst of power it got. And that would be awesome. I can't find the part ANYWHERE! Know of any other part that would work?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I think that if you pop the part number from the MOSFETs into google you can get them really cheap.

Usually stuff like that is less than a dollar apiece and the repair guy by me said that if one pops may as well do all the ones that are attached to that so may as well do all them lol

1349713160_rte.png

Cant find them?

http://web2.cet-mos.com/PDF/CET-MOS/TO-220-263-N/P75N06.PDF

http://cet-mos.com/

I don't seem them commonly available through the big distributors (Digi/Mouser) so you'd have to find a replacement based on the specs.

That being said, I would be very careful just swapping parts on an amp like this.

You could be compounding the issue by not fixing the root cause and allowing the amp to run again and induce even more damage, even fire.

Somebody needs to determine why those FETs blew and that can be a difficult task even with the right troubleshooting equipment and schematics.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Most reputable places will be $125 plus shipping to get it fixed, such as db-r and amp medics. It's only a $250 amp so good idea on not sending it in. Same burn marks on my sae-1000d and I actually sent that in and am waiting to hear from them and once I do I'll let you know what parts those are. It blew because he turned the gain up? Or because of low voltage?

I can almost guarantee that if he tried to send that amp to dbr they would tell him that cheap Chinese amps aren't worth fixing and he should throw it away

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I have already Said I know it's not worth sending in. And that I'm just trying to fix it because it was free, and I wanna give it a go. Just to see if I can. And I have no clue what I'm looking for when finding a different part.

I have said I'm not going to be upset at all if it doesn't work, but just wanna try.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

His voltage was good. 13.0 lowest full tilt on half ohm. Thinks it blew because volume was turned up, and he flipped the switch to turn on the amp and it popped as soon as he turned on the switch. I think it was just the sudden burst of power it got. And that would be awesome. I can't find the part ANYWHERE! Know of any other part that would work?

the problem is he played that particular amp at .5ohm

brazil amp + .5ohm = fire

the problem is he played that particular amp at .5ohm

brazil amp + .5ohm = fire

Lol yeah. Well it wasn't me that did it. I just got a free blown amp out of it that I was gonna try to fix and maybe make a couple bucks in the process.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I buy my mosfets from digikey or ebay i dont generally need 1000 mosfets so i buy them from ebay. good rule of thumb if te mosfet blew so did the resistor following it... If the resistor blew and the mosfet looks good it probably isn't.. If i have an amp apart and i am replacing the mosfets i do all of them for that particular section of the amp (if the mosfets blow on just a single channel i replace all of them for both channles) there cheap enough like 100 resistors is usually like $2.50 and 50 mosfets is usually less ten $30

Archived