Second Skin Audio

2 FI BL 12" Box Build. Help!!

Trakend

Hi all, new here on SMD. Recently bought two dual 2 Ohm FI BL's fully loaded. I need help with building a new box for my 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee. FI recommends 1.5-2.5 cu ft per sub and I'm wanting to basically do a 5 cu ft vented Box. Upward firing woofer, rear facing vent with common chamber would be nice. Wiring the subs to 2 Ohm for my 3000 watt amp. Anyone have a good cut sheet or design I could use? Dimensions to work with would be 38"L 18"H and 16" W . Trying to save room on the sides for my XS Power D 2700. and a little bit of room in the rear. Have a little play with the height and width but would like to keep the length to at least 38". Will be upgrading my alt to a Mechman from the 160 amp stock alt and doing a big 3 in the near future. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank You Joe X. That's a nice box and I was also wanting to tune it to about 34 hz. I'm trying to keep the internal wiring as short as possible when I wire the dual 2 Ohm subs in series parallel to 2 Ohm final so I was hoping for a common chamber with the vent at the bottom maybe. Not sure about a side vent or vents, do those sound alright? I've only had center vended boxes but they don't work well for the way the subs will be wired.

Ok here's the port across the bottom version if you want that but its some more work to build, similar dimensions, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is a 1 1/4" wooden dowel rod:

bl12_2.jpg

SUPB15_zps89b0b5fe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived