Could it be my alternator?

If you have a DMM use it to measure voltage at the amps inputs. In both cars. I know the knob is at the amp but that doesn't mean it's accurate enough to keep up with the way music changes

Get a clamp rated for at least 300A in your case, attach the clamp to the alternator positive and measure the current your alternator outputs. You have access to the positive from the alt right?

It will be very difficult to get to the alt positive. When looking down at the engine, you can BARELY see the pulley. Maybe from going under the car I can. And is the clamp something I can go to orileys or auto zone and they would be able to test it? Or are they fairly affordable to buy?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Ok, yes I do have a positive to the battery Sorry I thought you meant it had to be at the alt. But I can clamp to power wire coming from the alt. and I don't have any negative runs going to the back. I have 2 runs of grounds going from batteries in back to the frame. Do I need to have a run from front negative to back negative?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Well shit. Now that I have the power wired cut to length, I don't know if I it will be long enough to reach the negative of the battery. Would it be ok if I extend a wire by having both ends have a lug crimped on, then bolt them together?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived