Could it be my alternator?

SO I made one of my positive runs a negative run , and it did nothing. If anything, my voltage drops even more. It hit 12.9 full tilt at 2 ohms. /:

I told you to leave it and add another run for ground.

Both cca. Both crimped. And I just changed it to check. Not too hard to change it back. And grounds are solid bare metal. At the mall right now with a clamp meter in my bag that I just bought. Just gotta wait for my girlfriend to be done shopping and I'll clamp it.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

So what exactly do I do to clamp the alt? Never used a clamp meter before. Just clamp on the alt positive wire?

You're going to need to place load on the alternator. So everything in that car, get it turnt up. Or spend zero dollars and 10 minutes at autozone and let them use their $2000 machine to do it.

you will need a load......

i make my own...

Skip to 45s, .. driving that canyon is hard in this rollie pollie, non stopping pile...

You're going to need to place load on the alternator. So everything in that car, get it turnt up. Or spend zero dollars and 10 minutes at autozone and let them use their $2000 machine to do it.

Don't you need to take out the alt for that?

And thanks kyblack76. I'll give it a shot once I'm home!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Don't you need to take out the alt for that?

NO!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

They'll wheel the machine out to your car bro.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived