I have had a love of car audio ever since high school when i had my first real subs, a pair of Blue Thunder 12's. Because of this love i have spent umpteen hours reading magazines, books and on forums just like this reading and learning all I can. Over the years i have designed and built alot of decent stereo systems for friends and family but never have i had the chance to build myself that cranking stereo system i always wanted. Until now. My build will be a never ending learning process with my end goal to have a vehicle that every time i am in it and i hear and feel the bass it puts a grin on my face. I also think it would be cool to compete just to meet people with the same passion i have and pick their brains.

So i was in the market for a new ride to build up and i have always liked Tahoes so i have been watching the Canadian Gov Auction for a deal on an ex RCMP one. Well i found one bid 6 grand and won.. here she is a 2009 Special Services Tahoe for 6 grand..

IMG_0176.png

It needed some tlc and a center console (which i bough a silverados fold down jump seat instead). The first thing i did after i picked it up was pull over a block away from the compound and smake a fat joint to christen it. Now since i had the vehicle i could go about getting all the gear i wanted...

Deck - Pioneer avic8000-nex and reverse camera

Processor- Arc Audio PS8

Amps- Arc Audio KS 2500.1, Arc Audio XDI v2 1200.6

Front Stage - CDT audio ES- 06 6.5" mids, ES- 03MB 3" mids and ES- 010 26mm silk dome tweeters

Subs - 2 x Sundown Audio 12" Z v.4 D1

Batteries - 2 x Kinetic HC 1800

Alternator - Singer 270 amp Alternator

Sound Deadening - Aprox 210 square feet of dynamat extreme

Deck:

IMG_0356.jpg

Amps and Processor:

IMG_0370.jpg

Front Stage:

IMG_0367.jpg

Subs:

IMG_0372.jpg

Batteries:

IMG_0361.jpg

Power Wires :

IMG_0362.jpg

Speaker Wire:

IMG_0359.jpg

Now a couple things all my pics are taken with my iphone and i am terrible at remembering to take pics So we begin the fun part to follow....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i placed an order for all my gears and the waiting process began so it gave me time to build my box

boxshape.jpg

The box is built to exactly sundowns specs and i use double layers of 3/4" birch all the way around

IMG_0170.jpg

i Also put layers of fiberglass on the inside

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Finally my gears started to arrive and isnt UPS so professional. They handle with such care

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

This gave me a chance to start my sound deadening. I stripped out everything from the windows down and cleaned up the years of grime left behind by the cops and proceeded

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

The rear hatch

IMG_0375.jpg

i also ran my wires and secured them down

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

I also layed down carpet underlay foam. I then pulled the head liner... Now that was a Bitch to do luckily i had help, also we spray foamed all the dead space. I used 3-4 layers of dynamat extreme on my roof.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Now the real install could begin. So my plan for this system is to run an active front stage controlled by my Arc Audio PS8.

So i deadened my front doors first and did the inside as well as the outside. To cover the holes i cut sheet metal dynamatted it then secured it over the holes. i pulled my wires through the rubber part of the door and i adapted the stock speaker rings to mount My CDT 6.5s and put them in. They actually turned out great.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

Learning to use the jasper jig to cut circles was an experience as well. i Mad lots of sawdust.

IMG_0255.jpg

Wow u practically stole that truck for 6 grand lol. Very nice choice of equipment too.

System:

Pioneer DEH-8400BH

4 Alpine Type R 6.5's

4 Soundqubed PA 6.5's

4 Soundqubed Supertweets

Hifonics BRX 640.4

Crescendo S800/4

2 Soundqubed Q1-3500.1s strapped @1ohm

2 Soundqubed HDC4 18's

11 Cubes net @37hz (Subs up, port back)

2 DC Power 250 HD's

1 DC Power 300 SPX

DC Power triple alt bracket

5 Kinetik HC 1800's

4 runs of 1/0 OFC power cables

4 runs of 1/0 OFC grounds from rear battery bank to OEM alt bracket

iPad Air in dash

300+ sq ft or sound deadening

Tuned in!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Off to a great start, tuned in

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

Nice work man

tuned in

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived