Dd1 not working properly now

So I had set the gains on my buddies m4 2 weeks ago. Go to reset last week and my wires ripped out of the harness so I resolderd them. Now when I go to set the gain it's no where near were it was before. The main thing I noticed now, the gain light will flash now, and as you turn the gain up the flashing gets faster until solid. Brand new battery. Could the harness arcing have caused internal damage?

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Strands in the plastic insulator may have ripped or near the boot portion close to the probe.

I'm assuming you soldered at the male rca end, check for Col solders or shorted wire.

Worst case scenario you broke a solder joint inside the dd-1 at the female rca.

How hard was the yank?

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Strands in the plastic insulator may have ripped or near the boot portion close to the probe.

I'm assuming you soldered at the male rca end, check for Col solders or shorted wire.

Worst case scenario you broke a solder joint inside the dd-1 at the female rca.

How hard was the yank?

He has a pic of it, post it up Root.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Ya post the pic. I think you might be over complicating this! Harness arching? The harness doesn't send out voltage, it reads it. Thus it can't arch.im 98% sure if that, I'm not a certified electrician but I am a professional Puerto Rican

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Ya post the pic. I think you might be over complicating this! Harness arching? The harness doesn't send out voltage, it reads it. Thus it can't arch.im 98% sure if that, I'm not a certified electrician but I am a professional Puerto Rican

The thing is, I used it twice in 2 weeks, and this incident happened in-between. This is the on variable to change between tuning 2 weeks ago and tuning last night. And the way it worked last, I've never seen before.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Try buying a new harness. A bad solder could be causing voltage drop causing you to turn the gain higher.

I'm not a certified electrician but I am a professional Puerto Rican

I died at that. Definitely quote worthy for a signature.