26's Mounted up :D couple questions

Rims are Versante 226's, bought from someone on CL, no cracks, very light peeling in a couple places and one bend I didn't initally see, but got a good deal...Bought some tires online and had discount tire mount and balance for me, initial impression is that I love the look, but the ride is shitty as all hell (which I knew it would be). Now here is my big problem, I can't get one lug on the front left wheel and one on the rear left wheel to go on the stud! its like they won't grab the thread? Any ideas on what to do, I'm rolling around with 5 out of 6 lugs on two wheels right now, I know its not safe, I'm avoiding highways I don't drive much everyday....Kind of contemplating if I should trade someone these for 24's, love the look, idk why my gut feeling is scaring me haha

F8CAF15F-29B1-4479-8987-5EC50ABFEAC1_zps

Thats crazy how the other two won't fit...I would put the old wheels back on until you figure out why...did you do it yourself

Trade them lol...when I did my 24s I had to lift the wheels up perfectly to put the last lug on bitch was heavy af can't imagine doin a 26

Its not gonna hurt it to run 5/6 lugs, or any worse then a 4 lug, 5 lug. etc.

Take the wheels off, and see if you can thread a lug on still. If so, You may have to get what they call "Gorilla lug nuts" The cone and head diameter is smaller, so you may just have an oversized lug that wont go on.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Its not gonna hurt it to run 5/6 lugs, or any worse then a 4 lug, 5 lug. etc.

Take the wheels off, and see if you can thread a lug on still. If so, You may have to get what they call "Gorilla lug nuts" The cone and head diameter is smaller, so you may just have an oversized lug that wont go on.

Thats crazy how the other two won't fit...I would put the old wheels back on until you figure out why...did you do it yourself

Trade them lol...when I did my 24s I had to lift the wheels up perfectly to put the last lug on bitch was heavy af can't imagine doin a 26

Thats what I figured, I was wondering about putting on a smaller lugnut I"ll have to look for those are they specifically called gorilla lug nuts?

Lol I have a broken foot but still managed to lift the 26's by myself tonight...No way in hell im putting the old wheels back on unless im in danger of dying lmao I love the look of the 26's but the 24s I put on my tahoe last year were a bit more pratical..

totally jealous of your ride and DAMN those things look sexy...not sure what I would do if I were you but I would try and keep those, they look great and new tires...

I have been thinking of getting rid of my plane jane Tahoe and getting denali in something newer 2013+. I love me the full size SUV's

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

ride quality is all in the tires.

Its possible to still have a great ride with low pros, just going to pay for it.

as others said, take the wheels off and try the lug nut without the wheel on.

If it still doesnt go on it maybe a bad lug nut, or somehow the threads on the stud got messed up or possibly bent.

Changing wheel studs is easy, and they are cheap as well.

5 out of 6 lugs wont kill you, but I wouldnt tow anything thats for sure or drive it if it was some heavy walled off vehicle..

Just take it easy, until you get a full recovery, then tinker with it. As sir numbnuts above said, Just don't tow with it. Then again, i wouldn't tow with 26's in the first place lol.

But yeah, you'll be fine man. Just don't be doing burnouts, or going offroading, or anything like that haha.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

totally jealous of your ride and DAMN those things look sexy...not sure what I would do if I were you but I would try and keep those, they look great and new tires...

I have been thinking of getting rid of my plane jane Tahoe and getting denali in something newer 2013+. I love me the full size SUV's

ride quality is all in the tires.

Its possible to still have a great ride with low pros, just going to pay for it.

as others said, take the wheels off and try the lug nut without the wheel on.

If it still doesnt go on it maybe a bad lug nut, or somehow the threads on the stud got messed up or possibly bent.

Changing wheel studs is easy, and they are cheap as well.

5 out of 6 lugs wont kill you, but I wouldnt tow anything thats for sure or drive it if it was some heavy walled off vehicle..

Just take it easy, until you get a full recovery, then tinker with it. As sir numbnuts above said, Just don't tow with it. Then again, i wouldn't tow with 26's in the first place lol.

But yeah, you'll be fine man. Just don't be doing burnouts, or going offroading, or anything like that haha.

I'm not used to having used rims though, the little flaws are annoying the shit outta me! I never tow or drive crazy anyways lol I actually drive like an old lady except for when I'm mad haha

@Audiofanaticz I had falken ziex tires on my 24's on my tahoe and it rode decent, these 26's I got brand new cheap ass durun got a set for like 600 bucks..But I only plan to run these two summers, so If I can get through next year that's good enough for me, my main concern is just the safety of the truck, I can deal with shitty ride but I just don't want to break anything..

As the others have said I'd try a different lug nut and it that fails then it's your studs.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived